Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Street Concepts, one of our sponsers, has a Wet Nitrous Oxide kit available under the Speed6 section. Any ideas on how hard this would be to install?

·
Registered
591 Posts
Not as hard as the explaining you would have to do when your motor blows up and try to get it covered under warranty. :laugh: :nana:

·
Registered
561 Posts
nitrous kits are pretty easy to install, the hardest part is running the wiring especially if you get a purge and bottle opener. you also have to tap a fuel line which could require cutting or you could use a banjo type fitting. dont believe the hype about n2o, its actually fairly safe if you use it right (ie; conservative shot and dont run it to rev limiter)

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
+1

·
Registered
244 Posts
nitrous is basicly a chemical force induction. With probably tuning, you can get lots of cheap HP. Usually people have no idea how it works and think its a "rice" mode. But actually it works the same as turbo and supercharger... just put more air for engine to burn.

·
Registered
214 Posts
I atually ran a zex dry kit on my integra for a long time. The dry kit you just tap into ur intake or intake manifold. It also has a "brain" that you can set to engage the nitrous when you are at full throttle. I was running a 65 shot, and it was alot of fun. I did have mine tuned however. Then again, our car does run really rich so it might not be a problem.. I would def check all ur gauges with it if it's not tuned, but is def a ton of fun.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Don't know if anyone has tried it yet on a Speed6. The problem with the V6 (I think, someone else that wants to chime in feel free) was that the intake on the V6 was pooling nitrous casuing more to go into one side of the motor and the motor would go BOOM after a couple of runs. I don't think the 4 cylinder had the same problem. Only way to find out is to try it and let us know if the motor holds. :D

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only way to find out is to try it and let us know if the motor holds. :D[/b]
It's going to happen in maybe 4-6 weeks. I just need to save up a while.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Don't know if anyone has tried it yet on a Speed6. The problem with the V6 (I think, someone else that wants to chime in feel free) was that the intake on the V6 was pooling nitrous casuing more to go into one side of the motor and the motor would go BOOM after a couple of runs. I don't think the 4 cylinder had the same problem. Only way to find out is to try it and let us know if the motor holds. :D
[/b]
I came across this on car domain, says 1st MS6 with noz
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2436049/3
If you have any questions might drop him a line.

·
Registered
244 Posts
his nitrous is for IC, not for engine.

·
Registered
2,058 Posts
the v6 pooling nos comes from a improper install, you sould always go direct port its alot safer and it always makes more power. you never see idrc cars with fogers because fogers are nothing but trouble

in most apps nos is safe if a wot switch is used and you can make sure your egtand a/f is safe.

here is my problem with the speed6 and wet nos
the speed6 is suposed to have a 1600 psi fuel system, nos fuel jets are raited at 32 psi see where im going, the jeting is all to large for the speed6's fuel presure.

zex is nice but it is applacation specific, i have it on my integra gsr,it taps into the vacume for the fuel presure regulator to raise the fuel presure when the sprey goes off.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Yeah, mine's an ic sprayer. I mainly did it to counter the added heat from cranking the boost up a little bit out of efficiency. Once we can tune this pig, I might get the rest of the hardware and switch it to a dp w/ purge on the ic. I would like to see somebody try this on a speed 6 though.

·
Registered
139 Posts
the v6 pooling nos comes from a improper install, you sould always go direct port its alot safer and it always makes more power. you never see idrc cars with fogers because fogers are nothing but trouble

in most apps nos is safe if a wot switch is used and you can make sure your egtand a/f is safe.

here is my problem with the speed6 and wet nos
the speed6 is suposed to have a 1600 psi fuel system, nos fuel jets are raited at 32 psi see where im going, the jeting is all to large for the speed6's fuel presure.

zex is nice but it is applacation specific, i have it on my integra gsr,it taps into the vacume for the fuel presure regulator to raise the fuel presure when the sprey goes off.
[/b]
Actually it would not be all that difficult as we have a primary pump in the tank that pumps out 62psi, then a secondary pump that ramps it up to the required 1600 psi, by simply tapping the line before the secondary pump (which is located in the engine bay), we have access to 62psi :) only problem is not knowing if the primary pump has enough headroom to do the pumping, though I don't see it being an issue. I think nitrous on this car would be crazy, but fast as hell. I see a 50-75 shot producing high 12s low 13s with a decent driver, but that is by no means a scientific estimation :p

·
Registered
231 Posts
Actually it would not be all that difficult as we have a primary pump in the tank that pumps out 62psi, then a secondary pump that ramps it up to the required 1600 psi, by simply tapping the line before the secondary pump (which is located in the engine bay), we have access to 62psi :) only problem is not knowing if the primary pump has enough headroom to do the pumping, though I don't see it being an issue. I think nitrous on this car would be crazy, but fast as hell. I see a 50-75 shot producing high 12s low 13s with a decent driver, but that is by no means a scientific estimation :p
[/b]
I agree. Nitrous would put this car in the sub-13.9 sec range right up to the point where the hood gets ported. :p

1 - 16 of 16 Posts