Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what do you need to do to use Nitrous on a 6s? what would the shot be? I can't find a kit for the 6s but I know how to do my own. Just wondering what all you have to do first? Like pistons,rings,valves,etc.

·
Registered
695 Posts
"I know how to do my own. Just wondering what all you have to do first?" :laugh:

Man, if that isn't an oxymoron, I don't know what is...

John :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
Just wondering what all you have to do first?
[/b]
An engine swap.

There is a reason why a kit doesn't exist for the Mazda6, the companies that tried found out the inherent flaw in the intake manifold and they decided it wasn't worth their time or money. You can ask atom44wat to show you pictures of his engine torn down after Venom prototyped their kit on his car, it brings a tear to my eyes looking at them.

There exists an intake manifold for our car that would be nitrous friendly. I have it sitting in my garage, it just requires extensive modification to make it fit our engine. It is the 1999 Ford Taurus 3.0L DOHC intake manifold assembly, it is an all aluminum assembly and the problem lies in two parts, it is split-port (Meaning it has two intake runners per cylinder, whereas ours is oval port, just one oval shaped runner per cylinder) and the fact the fuel injector bosses are located off to one side in one of the ports. You need to have the intake manifold assembly ported to oval port and relocate the injector bosses to the center of the now oval port and then it bolts up.

You can usually pick up this intake for around $200 to $250 from junk yards or Contour.org forum members who are ditching them.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
"I know how to do my own. Just wondering what all you have to do first?" :laugh:

Man, if that isn't an oxymoron, I don't know what is...
John :cool:
[/b]

hahaha ya I see how you can read it that way! sorry I meant the nitro. I have no idea what's inside the motor. I'm just a newbe to the 6s.

I have been trying to find engine mods but there not easy to find for the 6s.

The reason I ask is I have seen about 4 6s on nitro. I'm not going to do it if the motor will blow in 4 months.

84FordMan Thanks that's what I was looking for! I have a Friend in NJ who can make an Intake manifold. He has the wolds Fastest street legal 5.0 mustang (flying Brian). He made me one in the past. Not sure if he can do a 6s or not I will have to ask and see.

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
:lurk:

·
Registered
375 Posts
I have a Friend in NJ who can make an Intake manifold. He has the wolds Fastest street legal 5.0 mustang (flying Brian). He made me one in the past. Not sure if he can do a 6s or not I will have to ask and see.
[/b]

ha ha

i know two people with the fastest street legal 5.0 in the u.s.
ha ha ha

one is running 8.3 in the 1/4
and the other is a 7.9 in the 1/4

both of them the fastest street legal mustang 5.0 in the u.s.

i just thought it was funny

·
Registered
428 Posts
IIRC, when it enters the intake, it collects/pools on the #5 or #6 cylinder intake port. This is why it needs to be reworked. Atom can fill you in on the details. But if you get it running with what 84fordman suggested, you could be a new hero on the board...lol...

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
But if you get it running with what 84fordman suggested, you could be a new hero on the board...lol...
[/b]
Check my thread on 6Tech in Intake/Exhaust, new revelation.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ha ha

i know two people with the fastest street legal 5.0 in the u.s.
ha ha ha

one is running 8.3 in the 1/4
and the other is a 7.9 in the 1/4

both of them the fastest street legal mustang 5.0 in the u.s.

i just thought it was funny
[/b]

You sure thats not an outlaw? There not the same as "street legal"

this is an outlaw not street legal.

http://musclemustangfastfords.com/features/0309mms2_lynch/

He set the record about 2 years ago at willo grove nationals . I don't think it has been beaten yet!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
LOL! If you want details ask. In short...Don't do it. Not worth the time or money for a cheap thrill :)
[/b]
Ya I see that ! Well thanks for all the input guys! I think I will have to just see what CPE will do next. I'm sure there going to do something.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
did you get a free engine out of the prototyping?

·
Registered
1,267 Posts
lol. dont listlin to these guys. i think the only reason why the v6 always blows pistions/rods/connectors and fry's rings is because they are not using enough of a shot! u need more nitrous!!! at least 200shot with 2 10lbs bottles. i think that will remedy the pistion problem. ;) hell i'll even help u install it. :)))

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
About this Discussion
18 Replies
12 Participants
Mazda Gremlyn
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing