1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, to realize what you can do with the Wiimote, watch:

http://media.revolution.ign.com/media/821/821973/vids_1.html

---

I'll be feeling like such a dork playing, but it will be fun as hell.

May 9, 2006 - At today's Nintendo pre-E3 conference in Los Angeles, Nintendo's executive vice president of sales and marketing Reggie Fils-Aime promised that Nintendo would speak about the system, the name, the price and the availability of the console. We're three for four at the end of the conference, and while Nintendo's conference this year ran smooth as silk (except for one simple video glitch on the event's monitors) and hit almost every mark like clockwork, we still have the feeling that maybe Reggie forgot something in all of the excitement.

The cost of the system was curiously not mentioned as part of the Nintendo conference. Rumors (with a supposed confirmation in the latest EGM, although we do not have the issue yet to check) were flying that the system would come in at $249, but nothing was said about possibility, or any potential price tag.[/b]
No release date either.

·
Registered
823 Posts
"Heya guys, want to come over and play games on my Wii?"

Nope, still doesn't sound right. Should have stuck with Revolution.

·
Registered
446 Posts
"Heya guys, want to come over and play games on my Wii?"

Nope, still doesn't sound right. Should have stuck with Revolution.
[/b]
How is it pronounced?

Wii = "why"
Wii = "we"
Wii = "w2"

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
After looking at all the videos for the Wii game demos, I'm as excited as ever. The games look more fun than those for other conoles. I'm most looking forward to Tennis [video]- you can put spin on the ball based on how you swing the Wiimote. That's awesome! Over 80 games have been announced already.

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
After looking at all the videos for the Wii game demos, I'm as excited as ever. The games look more fun than those for other conoles. I'm most looking forward to Tennis [video]- you can put spin on the ball based on how you swing the Wiimote. That's awesome! Over 80 games have been announced already.
[/b]
I heard that the remote itself will actually make the sound of a tennis ball hitting a raquet too. Not sure if thats just a rumor or what.

·
Registered
5,757 Posts
It's true- the remote has a tiny speaker built into it for effect sounds. It'll make a clang when sword fighting, a pop when you hit a tennis ball, etc. It's just a tiny speaker and will have limited use, but that's still really neat.

And it vibrates, too- though I'm not sure how that will work given the motion sensors. My guess is that the vibrations will be used to physically disrupt you, so when the controller shakes, you're guy will shake in game too. For example, if you get hit with something, you'll lose your aim. Could be neat!

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm very excited about the Wiimote, but man, Nintendo, stop fucking around. Stop marketing your shit as a "family console" (once again). They go so far out of their way to market this as a "your grandmother can even play it" bullshit, instead of focusing it on as a game system. Which game got you guys really excited? Was it the tennis game? Was it fishing? Was it the drum demo? Nah, be honest, it was RED FUCKING STEEL with the shooting it out and the sword fight. It was Zelda kicking ass with his sword and bow.

I don't know, but Nintendo needs to stop marketing this thing as a children's toy. Arguably the Nintendo Gamecube's best game is Resident Evil 4.

·
Registered
328 Posts
im still excited about this but i dont know how the hell im going to play games like that. i like just sitting there pushing buttons not flaring my arms around and stuff. it should be fun though.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
I have to admit. I was thinking it was going to be lame. That trailer kinda got me excited. Is a different type of gameplay. The fishing in Zelda just killed me for some reason. Will be waiting on any console purchase til the 3 are all out.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I have to admit. I was thinking it was going to be lame. That trailer kinda got me excited. Is a different type of gameplay. The fishing in Zelda just killed me for some reason. Will be waiting on any console purchase til the 3 are all out.
[/b]
Exactly, I'm getting excited about the new Zelda and the new Metroid games. A little curious about the claims that it will be connected to the Nintendo network 24/7, but we'll see on that one.

Gonna have to go dust off my GameCube and see where I left off Metroid Prime 2...

·
Registered
106 Posts
I think I will pass on this one too. Dont like the crazy controller. Still waiting on the new Zelda for Gamecube. Last I heard that shit got pushed back again until November. Thats almost 2 years now its been pushed back.

RE4 was definitely the best game for Gamecube. The graphics and gameplay on that game kicked ass. Why do they market it mainly to kids?

·
Registered
823 Posts
I think I will pass on this one too. Dont like the crazy controller. Still waiting on the new Zelda for Gamecube. Last I heard that shit got pushed back again until November. Thats almost 2 years now its been pushed back.

RE4 was definitely the best game for Gamecube. The graphics and gameplay on that game kicked ass. Why do they market it mainly to kids?
[/b]
It's been pushed back quite a bit. Was reading a short review, and it sounded like they were going to release the new Zelda for the GameCube and the Wii at the same time. Ofcourse the GC version would not have all the bells and whistles of the Wii version.

·
Registered
4,499 Posts
Differentiation in the marketplace. Marketing the console to children and to parents as a family-friendly option distinguishes it from the X-Box and Playstation options.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts
About this Discussion
44 Replies
18 Participants
Sigma
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing