Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, So yeah I really have no where to show off pics I took. I just got the Nikon D50 so I am posting some pics here I took last night at the lake, Now that I am getting the hang of this thing sort of..

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that last pic reminds me of the ring and the fiery tree. thats tight man
[/b]
thanks man. I feel weird posting them here because this site has nothing to do with mthe pics lol..But I had no-where else to post them so I figured what the hell.......
Yeah I never thaught about it before but it does kinda look like the tree thingy but not on fire.

Those are some great pics!

Have you experience other DSLR's? Or is this your first?
[/b]
This is my first time with a camera that isn't built in to a phone all together to be honest with you lol...I have always loved photography and decided to splurge and get this camera. I have used my friends plastic little like .5 megapixel camera he got at target for $20. thats about it.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Nicely done. I know there are some budding (and even semi-pro) photographers on the board.

You could consider joining one of the many free photo communities out there. Flickr has lots of people, but the free account is kinda pointless - 20MB uploads per month, 200 photos visible rest archived. But you benefit from the many groups, photo enthusiasts etc willing to give you tips and advice.

I know there are others too - photobucket, perhaps, or something of the sort.

Oh - I see some shake/inconsistencies. Either you used a tripod for only some of the photos, or you have an above-average-steady hand :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
there is a place called dpchallenge online. Google it. Its a really great place and you can enter your photo's into challenges. Its a cool learning place.

Nice pics by the way. I have the Kodak 7590. I like it but wish I would have shopped around more. For the money I paid for it, $200 more would have bought me a rebel. UGH!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nicely done. I know there are some budding (and even semi-pro) photographers on the board.

You could consider joining one of the many free photo communities out there. Flickr has lots of people, but the free account is kinda pointless - 20MB uploads per month, 200 photos visible rest archived. But you benefit from the many groups, photo enthusiasts etc willing to give you tips and advice.

Oh - I see some shake/inconsistencies. Either you used a tripod for only some of the photos, or you have an above-average-steady hand :)
[/b]
actaully I used a tripod and a remote so I didn't touch teh camera at all other then to set up the camera for the pic lol. The tree brand in the one photo is blurry cause the wind was blowing it. Plus the wind was blowing too so that could have been part of it too. It's a really sturdy tripod I just got though.

here are 2 more.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
your in love with overexposures and time lapse arent you?
[/b]
I just got the tripod last night lol. Anything I wanted to take a pic of was at night, in the dark. Except the pic of my car. It's darker because it was on "almost" normal shutter speed with the flash. It was so far away, the only light it got was from the street light it was under. Which was an ugly dull yellow/orange colored light.

Night shots are my all time favorite. For some reason I love the way everythign looks lit up and at night. For me anyways, everything looks more alive at night.

·
Registered
978 Posts
i like pics w/ really long shutter times also. the first few times, i was really suprised at the colors of things that to my eye looked like shadows or black. and moving water makes everything really dream-like and soft compared to the stuff that's not fluid: I really like that contrast. so what tripod did you get and what things were you using to figure out what a good tripod is? cool pics and very nice cam! congrats!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i like pics w/ really long shutter times also. the first few times, i was really suprised at the colors of things that to my eye looked like shadows or black. and moving water makes everything really dream-like and soft compared to the stuff that's not fluid: I really like that contrast. so what tripod did you get and what things were you using to figure out what a good tripod is? cool pics and very nice cam! congrats!
[/b]
Well, I whent to the photo shop to get a remote. and then I seen they had alot of used tripods. The guy told me brand new it' s a$200 tripod. he sold it to me for like $40. I have no clue what kind it is. but it is all steel and pretty solid sturdy so I was like "What the hell, I need one". Thats pretty much what I whent off of lol.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Well, I whent to the photo shop to get a remote. and then I seen they had alot of used tripods. The guy told me brand new it' s a$200 tripod. he sold it to me for like $40. I have no clue what kind it is. but it is all steel and pretty solid sturdy so I was like "What the hell, I need one". Thats pretty much what I whent off of lol.
[/b]
so did he wave his hand in front of you like he was doing the Jedi mind-control trick lol sounds like you got a good price for it...the one i have is one of those featherlight cheap pos and all the ones i've been looking at are around 250! that's more than what i paid for my frickin camera! and the lenses...my gawd what are those things made of?! oh well, it's fun though and it's a distraction from spending too much on my car.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so did he wave his hand in front of you like he was doing the Jedi mind-control trick lol sounds like you got a good price for it...the one i have is one of those featherlight cheap pos and all the ones i've been looking at are around 250! that's more than what i paid for my frickin camera! and the lenses...my gawd what are those things made of?! oh well, it's fun though and it's a distraction from spending too much on my car.
[/b]
NO. No jedi mind trick lol...Even after I told the guy i had the nikon D50 he still attempted to sell the damn camera to me though lol..along with every possible $400 lense he had for it.

·
Registered
40 Posts

[/b]
I just signed up with Flickr, its pretty cool considering it costs nothing. Check it out guys and girls
http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
If you can try finding a place where you can park your car in front of a fountain, waterfall, or raging river and set your ASA to 100, f/16, during a cloudy day or at dusk. :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
About this Discussion
26 Replies
13 Participants
HedsIc
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing