Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm torn now, I keep trying to weigh my options, but I keep coming back to the "I WANT BOTH" thought :)

I'm trying to save up some money ~$300 for my next mod, and right now I'm torn between HID's most likely the Apexcone's from TheRPMStore or a set of MazdaSpeed springs for muh hatch.

You can see my sig for what I currently have, last year it was the CPE Intake, earlier this year a set of Proxes 4, and now it's time for something else :)

Just wondering what your thoughts are!

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
sprangs, bitches! they'll compliment the perfomance mods you already have nicely.

·
Registered
375 Posts
what are you into going fast handleing or looks?
if you wanna go fast get a cutout
if you wanna hanlde better get some big sway bars
if you wanna look better get the good deal going on now for the sport grill

·
Registered
67 Posts
what are you into going fast handleing or looks?
if you wanna go fast get a cutout
if you wanna hanlde better get some big sway bars
if you wanna look better get the good deal going on now for the sport grill
[/b]
What good deal are you talking about freakta? The one from JimClick just went up $25 recently :tear:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sprangs, bitches! they'll compliment the perfomance mods you already have nicely.
[/b]
Lol

do you drive in really dark areas or have trouble seeing the road ahead? if so, then its no contest: get hids. HIDs are something you can actually need compared to springs.
[/b]

I don't particularly have trouble, but it seems like HID's definitly do make things easier to see. I do a fair amount of night driving, and just as much spirited driving! That's why I was torn between the springs and the HID's, plus both are fairly practical mods!

So far 5 votes for the springs!! :p

I picked those two mods and the intake of course because they seem very usable, compared to body kits and whatnot, well, which don't seem real practical, not something I can really feel everyday.

Anyone else have thoughts? :) So far Springs are winning! I'm actually shocked, figured more people woulda picked the HIDS!

Edit: fixed some wording for it to make sense and to answer Business' questions!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I didn't vote because i need the cp-e mafci and you have it so i need to catch up! OK, OK, springs. :drool:

·
Registered
2017 MZ6 GT Jet Black Mica
3,575 Posts
I'd say HIDs only because the roads around where I live would rip the crap outta my car if it was lowered.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I voted HIDs. I would say that if you are going to get springs, get wheels too.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Spring would be a definite for me. You get both looks and hanlding out of them. However, if you constantly drive on roads that would eat them up, then go with the HIDS, a great investment and safety mod.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lol the HIDs have claimed the lead now by 1 vote.

I think they are both within my installation capabilities. My dad used to be a mechanic, so I would make use of his tools, and probablly either rent/buy a spring compressor or take them up to a shop to be put on the fronts.

So yea, that is a small negative, the springs would be a little more involved to install I think :)

You guys have definitly provided good input!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'd like to thank everyone for the input... you've made me want both :) Once the holiday season is here, and I have my extra cash, I'll put one or the other in... I'm kinda leaning towards the springs... but we'll see :)

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I was just going to selfishly bump this :) Maybe there are some other opinions on this from folks that didn't respond soon :) I'd being doing my mod in Jan probably :) Any more opinions?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
i'd go with springs.. which is my next mod, but I think i'll upgrade my shocks as well.

·
Registered
285 Posts
don't worry about the shocks if you get the mazdaspeed springs
although they will eventually wear out at some point but they are designed to fit the stocks
at least that's what MANY dealerships have told me and the drop isn't that big

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Cool thanks for the input zmzm6, they'll last long enough before I'm ready to upgrade or do something else :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts