Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Except that you can already buy a 6 with AWD in Europe.

From the Danish price list
2.2 biturbo 150 hk/6 man. AWD Vision Diesel 20,0 132 B 2.460, 361.649,
2.2 biturbo 175 hk/6 aut. AWD Optimum Diesel 18,5 143 B 2.880, 462.628,

·
Registered
46 Posts
Except that you can already buy a 6 with AWD in Europe.

From the Danish price list
2.2 biturbo 150 hk/6 man. AWD Vision Diesel 20,0 132 B 2.460, 361.649,
2.2 biturbo 175 hk/6 aut. AWD Optimum Diesel 18,5 143 B 2.880, 462.628,
That is a different engine.

“I think we are not able to combine four-wheel drive and the 2.5-liter turbo. We have a layout issue with the sedans. That’s why a four-wheel drive isn’t deployed on the Mazda 3 and 6 so far,”

·
Registered
39 Posts

“I think we are not able to combine four-wheel drive and the 2.5-liter turbo. We have a layout issue with the sedans. That’s why a four-wheel drive isn’t deployed on the Mazda 3 and 6 so far,”
Ok, but the OP wrote engines. I was just pointing out that some engine/AWD combinations do fit the current 6.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Yes, but I doubt you would want the extra weight with the standard engine.

Sent from my SM-P580 using Tapatalk
It's not too much of a difference actually, The kerb weight of the AWD is 55 Kg heavier (1560 against 1505 Kg)

the 175 Hp diesel automatic 2wd does 0 to 60 in 8.6 seconds, the AWD version take 9.1

there is in Europe an 175 Hp manual (2wd) option that does the same in 8.0 seconds

All figures taken from the official Mazda site in Denmark.

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
We've been talking about this for years. Who knows if it will ever happen. I gave up waiting and replaced my MS6 with an Audi. But I would be back in a heartbeat if they offered a new 6 with AWD and turbo. I think they are going to have an opportunity to increase sales soon with the demise of the Ford Fusion. I can see some of those owners moving easily to Mazda, especially now that we offer a car with over 200 HP. But c'mon Mazda... Give us AWD!

·
Registered
77 Posts

What about the Wagons/estates? I have a feeling that if Mazda sold the wagon with AWD in North America they would sell. Just tell us that they exist, unlike the 1st gens.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Car industry is changing faster than at any point in history. Now more than ever they had better get in/be in tune with what people want or they will suffer.

Subaru put themselves on the map 40 years ago with a 4 WD Wagon. Wouldn't hurt Mazda to do the same.

·
Registered
440 Posts
If Mazda offered even a modest sized wagon here that was a bit lifted and had AWD there would NO reason for anyone to ever buy a Crosstrek again.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Mazda needs to straight up bring back Mazdaspeed 3/6/Miata back, Hell I bet if they made a Mazdaspeed Cx-5 version it be a hit Especially with Ford Axing a lot of their models soon.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
13 Participants
Mitchapalooza85
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing