Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am driving a 2015 Mazda6. However recently, sometimes the car emits an unpleasant screeching sound on the wheels when the vehicle starts to move. I do not know the reason. Who has encountered such a situation?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, I am driving a 2015 Mazda6. However recently, sometimes the car emits an unpleasant screeching sound on the wheels when the vehicle starts to move. I do not know the reason. Who has encountered such a situation?
It may be time to get new brake pads and you may have to get new rotors as well, but I would start by inspecting your brakes. Check videos on YouTube or ask someone that you trust that can help. If that is the case I would recommend you doing it yourself it will save you hundreds of dollars in the long run.

·
Super Moderator
17,075 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

What Shanep said - check your brakes and pads to see if your pads are getting low or something is scratching the rotors.Brake pads are designed to make a terrible noise when you're overdo for a change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had an issue on my 2014 where a mechanic had bent the brake dust shield on one of my front wheels when putting it back on, and it made a squealing/screeching sound like you're describing, particularly at low speeds. I took it to another mechanic who bent it back with a screwdriver for no charge, took all of 30 seconds. Worth checking in any case!

·
Registered
25 Posts
The consensus seems to be the pads are probably worn out. If pads are replaced, be sure to break in the new pads properly, instructions may be included with the new pads or can be looked up on Internet. Replace the brake fluid if you plan on keeping the car. Bleed left to right rear first, then right to left front, checking the master cylinder frequently--do not let it run out of fluid! Buy 2-3 small cans of fluid. Once a can is opened but not all used, don't keep it for next brake job years later because of the moisture issue. Keep master cyl cap installed except to add fluid.
For people doing their first brake job, the rears will be serious challenge because the pistons don't simply push back in, they screw in. Needle nose pliers can work but can be a tough way to screw them in. I did the needle nose pliers once then bought a disc brake piston compression kit to screw the pistons back in. There also is an adapter that I saw posted in another brake write up that probably can do the same job. When backed in, make sure the piston groove is vertical, not at any angle so the new brake pad tab can engage it properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts