Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone
I just bought a 04 Mazda 6s wagon (my first car in fact) and I love every bit of it. However I felt the car is riding harsh and wonder what could be the reason? I checked the tire pressure and it reads 45 PSI, which I believe is too high. My user manual and driver door sticker says the recommended tire pressure is 32 PSI. The car had a mechanic inspection (done at the dealership) before delivery and I wonder why would they miss this (or actually set the tire pressure at 45 PSI). So I want to know whether the tire pressure should always be 32 PSI irrespective of what tires it has or can it be different for different tires? If it should be at 32 PSI, would that be the reason for my car's harsh riding? I appreciate your response. Thanks in advance.

·
Administrator
2018 Mazda6 GT Reserve
8,543 Posts
45 PSI is VERY high, almost too high for the tire seal itself.

Kick it down to 32 PSI, then take a drive. It should definitely help with the harsh ride.

And :welcome9: to the 6Club! :wavey:

Edit: Sorry Block8Head!

Reactions: block8head

·
Banned
538 Posts
The pressure labelled on the tire is the maximum for the tire. the tire may have other applications other than your car. The tire pressure you need is located on the car. Open the drivers door and look down on the pillar (by seatbelt 2 bottom). There is a sticker and it should say around 32 psi.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
When you checked your PSI, were your tires warm or cold? The recommended PSI written on the door jam is 32 PSI which is the recommended cold temperature (as in, when you haven't driven the vehicle for a few hours). Tires heat up while driving (especially in spirited driving). The hotter your tires get, the greater the pressure inside the tire, so it's normal for a warm tire to be a few lbs higher than a cold one.

Even so..... 45 PSI is way to high. Put them around 35psi and see how it drives. You should get a smoother ride and better traction.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts