Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had no idea that my first Mazda 6 would bring me soo many firsts in my life. This is my first car forum membership, my first Mazda, my first experience buying a car sight unseen (now you know why I am really here :wink2:) and my first attempt to fix a car myself. Who knew that at this stage in my life (34 years of age) that I would be in the position I am in, but here we are so let's get to work.

Prepare to hate me (for not understanding what you're talking about), laugh at me (for not understanding what you're talking about), and by the end of this journey, love me (for finally understanding what you're talking about). I will need all the help I can get from you guys troubleshooting what may be wrong with my car. (2004 Mazda 6s v6)

So, in the beginning....

I bought my very first Mazda6!! I know buying cars from e-bay can be hazardous, but this car caught my eye and I just couldn't shake it. No matter how many cars I looked at, both locally and online, I began to notice that I was using the Mazda 6 as my measuring stick. That's when I knew I had to have one. I got my car delivered yesterday only to find out the actual condition of the car. (YEY)

So the car "jerks" extremely bad when stopping at a red light or stop sign. I would say that the idle is "off" since my RPM gauge jumps all over the place (between 400 and 1K) but it doesn't fluctuate while driving and not when parked, only when stopping. Then out of nowhere, I thought the car was going to die on me. The traction control light indicators in the dash came on to tell me it was turned off even when I didn't hit the button and no matter how many times I tried to turn it back on, it wouldn't. At least the light on the dash stayed on. Now I feel like I may have a major electrical problem. SMH.:crying: 5 of the bulbs (passenger brake light, Driver front turn signal, Passenger side marker, 3rd break light, passenger day time driving light,) on the car are blown and this just adds to my anxiety over this car. It also wouldn't accelerate when this happened.

The question is. how screwed am I? I don't know yet, (getting it coded today) but you all get to join me on my journey of finding out. Thank you in advance for your help, and I will see you in some random thread. I won't get rid of the car unless I just have to. The plan is to fix it all. I really like this car, it just needs some TLC so I plan on giving it to her. (no not in that way perve) >:)

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Welcome aboard. We'll wait for the codes, but you may be in for some serious work.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
Lol not trying to crush dreams. I had a V6 with 174k on it, so TLC is only the beginning. But you've got an excellent resource here. We'll do all we can to help.

Sent from a Samsung that doesn't explode.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Gerry is likely right that you have some work ahead of you. However, many of the things could be simple deferred maintenance items not done by the previous owner. Get your codes and let us know what you find out. Till then, you can start replacing light bulbs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Super Moderator
16,742 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Although I always loved Mazdas, my first one was also a V6 1st gen - you've found a great car but hopefully we can help you out in your other thread.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I Got it coded at Autozone. Picked up all the bulbs then. Here is to pulling the bumper and headlights! (need to sand them anyway. (hazy))
I've not yet had to pull the bumper cover. I was able to replace the headlights from the engine compartment. It was a little like reading braille, but doable. I haven't tried any of the other ones in there yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
4 Participants
waughoo
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing