Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I just found this site this morning and signed up immidiately. I got a 2006 mazda 6s sedan two weeks ago from a local dealer hear in Lansing, Michigan. I went on a road trip to New York and got back yesterday, and this morning I am seriously looking for suspension upgrades for my car. I traded in a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am which I had done a lot of work on. It was lowered with eibach springs, had a bigger rear sway bar and front and back strut tower braces. I loved the handling. I traded it in because the engine was starting to cost too much to maintain (140000 miles).
I am very used to that type of handling that with my 6, I'm scared to go over 90mph (too much suspension travel and body roll with turns). I love everything else about the car.
Any suggestions on parts and dealers? I think I probably want to stick with eibachs.
One other question, with the car being new and under warranty, added to the fact that I'm only leasing it right now, is there any type of mod that I shouldn't be considering right now? My lease is for 2yrs, and if I like the car I'll keep it.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Welcome!

Check out the Sponsors section for aftermarket parts for your car. The other guys/girls on here would know better than me about what you can put on your car that won't void the warranty. I don't want to give you information that is false just by guessing!

I do know that with leasing, you're not supposed to put any modifications on the car at all. Or at least when you return the car to them, it has to be completely stock. (If you decide not to keep it.)

But, it's a really fun car! I love mine! Hope you love yours just as much over time!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
One other question, with the car being new and under warranty, added to the fact that I'm only leasing it right now, is there any type of mod that I shouldn't be considering right now? My lease is for 2yrs, and if I like the car I'll keep it.
[/b]
You shouldn't consider ANY.

My old roomate/Best Friend leased a Galant. Put springs and shocks on. Kept the factory, that way he could convert back when it was time for the lease to be up (which he didn't bother to think about the fact that he would now have parts for a car he no longer HAS)

He brought the car in for some maitanance work and they pulled his lease. Told him they where nto turning the car back over to him when he showed back up to pick it up. Few days later he got a call from someone at the financing department telling him officialy why and so on. Plus he never got his aftermarket parts back. Even when he told them he still had the factory ones. He said they eve bitched at him saying he has no right to ruin a car he does not own and so on.

On top of that I have "heard" stories for the same thing happening for even minor crap like aftermarket stereo's. Those are all ,"I know a guy that said a guy told him once this guy had his lease pulled for putting on aftermarket wheels/Stereo". But I do know with my old roomates galant, that really happened, because I had to pick him up from the car lot and drive his ass around for a week untill he when and bought his KIA.

Even if that was an extreme case of them just wanting to be dicks and most dealers won't treat a customer that way you still run in to the problem of "you will have these parts you spent all this money on. but it will be for someone elses car because you are just leasing". Which in that case. Screw modding your 6 and just mod mine for me instead of the dealer's car lol

1 - 3 of 3 Posts