Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 2017 Mazda6 GT was just delivered Friday. Wow, this car is awesome! I normally hate driving, but I'm finding I enjoy driving it. I found a great deal with an internet dealer, it only has 2000 miles and seems to be in perfect condition. It's pretty much like new, except for a missing nav card, which I am not happy about and only one key. I do have a 7 day trial, so if there's any issue I can return it. I'm going to take it in and have everything looked over this week. I've been driving a Mercury Mountaineer that I inherited for over ten years. Last summer, it started spending way too much time in the shop and I didn't really like it anyway. I'm frugal and could never turn down a free car. It was fine to drive but the gas mileage is horrible and I suck at parking, so I had a hard time with it.

Anyway, I put it off forever but then one day after a long day of work when I couldn't wait to get home, my truck wouldn't start :frown2:. I had to have it towed to the shop and take a $20 uber. The repair wasn't major but I need dependable transportation. I had no idea what I wanted at first but was walking around the Carmax completely overwhelmed, just looking at all the cars and they all looked the same to me. I happened to stumble upon a 2015 6 in Blue reflex. Honestly, I knew nothing about Mazda, I just thought it was the best color and style I had seen in all those cars and that started the whole thing. Lots of research and talking to happy Mazda owners convinced me I could have a car that's pretty and great in so many other ways.

In any other car, I probably would have bought grey/silver but I love Mazda colors. The Dark Crystal Blue in the sun is incredible, the red is gorgeous, but not me. I went with the Blue Reflex that I originally saw and really do love it. It's probably obvious that I'm female, but my requirement list was high. I did a lot of research, the fact that I love the color and style is just a great bonus.

It has the premium package so it's quite nice. Coming from a 2006, I'm getting used to all the new features. I guess that was a lot for an intro but I'm here and looking forward to talking to other owners and learning about the car.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome! I’m very curious to see your can :) but you cant post pictures yet, right?
Am I not allowed to post pics yet? I haven't through read all the rules. I had some pics on my computer but my bf lost it along with my keys (not the one Mazda key fortunately) the other night. He took it to the pier cafe to do some "work" and ran into friends, had a couple, and ended up at the beach. He's still alive because he happened to have bought me a new one for xmas and it was quite old and banged up.

I find it a beautiful car. At first I wasn't sure about the darker rims on the GT but they have grown on me. I love the way the Mazda paint changes in different lighting. Pictures taken at different times of the day can look like a totally different color. In a sea of compact SUVS, I feel like a rebel with a 6.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Silly boyfriend haha. But some “work” on the car or..? Here we have many cars like the mazda6, but the Mazda’s are not that common here ,except for the CX-5. That model is killing the SUV market here.

But everytime I drive by, I notice my car still being a headturner because it’s such a beautiful model.
Post some pics as soon as you can :)

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Silly boyfriend haha. But some “work” on the car or..? Here we have many cars like the mazda6, but the Mazda’s are not that common here ,except for the CX-5. That model is killing the SUV market here.

But everytime I drive by, I notice my car still being a headturner because it’s such a beautiful model.
Post some pics as soon as you can :)
Not work on the car, he rides motorcycles exclusively (gotta love Southern CA) and won't be driving my car. He took my computer out to supposedly do some work stuff. I live in a beach neighborhood and we have a pier with a cafe at the end. He lost it along with my all of my keys, except the Mazda one, thank God.

I don't see a whole lot of Mazdas around here. They aren't uncommon, but you don't see a whole lot of them, not compared to Honda/Toyota/Ford. A few blocks away, someone has a Mazda2, I often see it parked on the street. OMG, it is the cutest thing. It's like a baby Mazda, I love it!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I understand correctly I can't post pics here, but can attach them. All my other pics were on my computer but I just went out a took a few and attached them. It's a rainy Christmas morning here. I think Mazdas look best in sunlight but it still looks nice a little wet. We live on a hill, in one pic you can see the ocean in the distance. We don't get much rain so I love rainy days as long as I'm not on the road.

Attachments

·
Registered
53 Posts
If I understand correctly I can't post pics here, but can attach them. All my other pics were on my computer but I just went out a took a few and attached them. It's a rainy Christmas morning here. I think Mazdas look best in sunlight but it still looks nice a little wet. We live on a hill, in one pic you can see the ocean in the distance. We don't get much rain so I love rainy days as long as I'm not on the road.
Hope you did not lose too much precious data on your laptop!

I love the pics, good looking car as always! Congratz with the Mazda!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the 2015 GT in that same blue. Going on 130k miles and never had an issue. I plan to get a newer signature next year because of how much i love this car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
5 Participants
GerryB
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing