Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see there are a few aftermarket companies that offer OEM style prepainted spoilers. Anybody have recommendations on which ones are good?

Thanks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
To be honest search eBaY for a pre-painted one. Make sure you know what color car you have.
Just "blue" wont work. You need to know the color name like "lapis blue". Better yet, you can find out your color code just to make sure on www.paintscratch.com/.

They go for about $100 or so, make sure you don't accidentally buy the wrong year also (although I'm not sure if that matters in the case of spoilers).
I'd also watch out for the really low priced spoilers because they are actually just a piece of metal with 3M tape.

This is the website I bought mine from: http://www.myspoiler.com/cars-spoiler-mazda-2004-mazda-6.html?gclid=COzYr_eJ1qMCFUf75wodBn5YuA
You might want to put your car's year on there instead of mine, however.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think you can save some $$ if you paint it yourself, that's what I did. My spoiler got vandalized and I had to get a replacement. Having it prepainted would have cost $100 or so more, but I bought paint from touchuppaintonline.com for around $20 shipped, got some primer, clearcoat, and sand paper. The whole thing cost me about $40 and 2 hours of work.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Or you can try a pick n pull, that is where i get most of my parts from and then you know what you are getting.

·
Registered
13 Posts
ebay spoiler

I bought one from Spoiler and Wing King: Custom Car, Truck and SUV Spoilers, Body Side Moldings. He sells on ebay too where I bought it for about $100. They need the external paint code of your car to send you the exact color spoiler.

I got my ext. paint code from the sticker on car body. You can see it when you open the driver door, near the bottom.

I installed it myself. Ask me for any installation help.

Thanks
Praveen

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I bought one from Spoiler and Wing King: Custom Car, Truck and SUV Spoilers, Body Side Moldings. He sells on ebay too where I bought it for about $100. They need the external paint code of your car to send you the exact color spoiler.

I got my ext. paint code from the sticker on car body. You can see it when you open the driver door, near the bottom.

I installed it myself. Ask me for any installation help.

Thanks
Praveen
Is installation hard?

I'm getting a spoiler within the next week and I'm sketchy about drilling holes in my trunk lid and having it become uneven and crappy looking. I'm thinking about taking it to a shop...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Installation

It took me 1 hr to install. The difficult thing is figuring out where to put the holes in the trunk. The spoiler generally comes with some guiding stuff. You need to tape them inorder to find correct positions.

Yes, you need to make holes in the trunk. Be careful while doing that. Make sure the positions are correct.

Regarding the wiring, you need to make another hole for the wiring to reach inside the trunk. Splice the brake wires and connect the spoiler wires to them.

Praveen

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
It took me 1 hr to install. The difficult thing is figuring out where to put the holes in the trunk. The spoiler generally comes with some guiding stuff. You need to tape them inorder to find correct positions.

Yes, you need to make holes in the trunk. Be careful while doing that. Make sure the positions are correct.

Regarding the wiring, you need to make another hole for the wiring to reach inside the trunk. Splice the brake wires and connect the spoiler wires to them.

Praveen
What did you use to drill the holes?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts