Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yeah i know i dont have mine yet but i will (my mazda 6i) but i noticed when ur modding cars, u r all using the same basic types of mods and mod kits. now im not a pro at this stuff but are there only certain mods for the 6 or is there universal parts (ie turbos or intaks) that i can use instead?

·
Registered
508 Posts
yeah i know i dont have mine yet but i will (my mazda 6i) but i noticed when ur modding cars, u r all using the same basic types of mods and mod kits. now im not a pro at this stuff but are there only certain mods for the 6 or is there universal parts (ie turbos or intaks) that i can use instead?
[/b]

Most of the parts are not universal....definetly the turbo as well, the only "universal" mods are really just stereo systems and decals....thats about it though.

·
Registered
5,217 Posts
There's no such thing as "universal" mods. At least not anymore. Back in the day you could put the same Ford engine part on about every Ford made. But not anymore. Every part has to be custom-made for every single application, primarily because of the computers used in cars now.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah I agree ^
Look at kartboy exhaust hangers....There is actually a set built for the Mazda6 appication only!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Im sure some of the things we buy have universal alternatives, but from my experience, for the most part, we want the best. And thats why we are all using the same parts. This is a big part of the pleasure of this site is that we can learn from others mistakes and take advantage of those mods that worked out good for others. Sticking with the direct replacement parts is a more sound investment also because we already know it works.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Universal mods would be mbc, ebc, bov, some turbos(depending on bolt pattern) and intercoolers. There are some more but I'm too tired to think.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Tachometers, seat covers, headlight bulbs, shift knobs, steering wheels, rims, tires,nitrous systems

1 - 7 of 7 Posts