Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I'm sure I'll have questions in the near future, but I wanted to introduce myself here first.

Bought a 2016 Mazda6 (manual) a few months ago and am loving the car so far. First Mazda for me. My first love was MK1 and MK2 jettas and rabbits.. did plenty of work on those cars so I'm fairly confident in working on the Mazda as well.

The only 2 things that I'm a little disappointed with so far:
1. The lack of "oomph" in low rpm.. seems like it has more juice in there somewhere but the stock tuning won't allow it lol (pardon my lack of technical terminology).
2. The windows aren't very tight in the window channel - perhaps the previous owner tried to roll them down when they were iced over a few too many times.

Did an oil change already, and next up are the brakes and a transmission fluid change. I'm assuming the trans fluid hasn't been changed by the previous owner, and with 65k on the car, it's probably time.
I'll be browsing the technical forums for tips/info on the brakes and trans fluid.. see if there are any quirks that I'm not aware of before I start.

Here she is:

(the lower piece of window trim on the back door also needs to be replaced - the clip towards the front is broken and it it doesn't quite line-up with the trim on the front window)

Thanks for having me! Excited to be a part of the Mazda community!

·
Registered
656 Posts
Welcome! Good to see a current gen manual. I don't have one, but low end power seems to be what Mazda sacrificed in the name of fuel efficiency. Others here have gotten theirs tuned by OV Tuning. I wonder if something like a pedal commander would be worth looking into?

·
Super Moderator
17,219 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

Congrats on your purchase. You're absolutely right that there's too little "oomph" in the low RPM range, but there are a couple tunes to fix that, if you wanted to go that direction.

Take a look at people's build threads if you want some ideas on mods - usually they're link in their signatures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts