Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a relatively new Mazda6 owner. I love my car, but am looking for some affordable engine/performance upgrades for my 2.3/ATX. Does anyone have an suggestions or insight? I was thinking of a chip or maybe an exhaust? I'm kinda lost and was just hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks fellas!

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
No chip available, and exhaust won't give you any power on the mazda.

Time for you to search my friend...

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Please add your location, you me be able to see things in person.

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
i have a couple mods you are more than willing to check out if you are in SoCal. you can even take the car for a drive!

best bang for your buck is a CAI, but you'll be dealing with a CEL if you go that route.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Please add your location, you me be able to see things in person.
[/b]
Hi, i live in New Jersey, like 40 minutes from NYC..

i have a couple mods you are more than willing to check out if you are in SoCal. you can even take the car for a drive!

best bang for your buck is a CAI, but you'll be dealing with a CEL if you go that route.
[/b]
Hi, no I live in NJ..

No chip available, and exhaust won't give you any power on the mazda.

Time for you to search my friend...
[/b]
Not to sure i understand.. "Time for me to search my friend" what should i search for? if not a chip and an exhaust dont work, what are my options, an intake? but im not big on them, i had one in another car i had and i wasnt a fan.. Do u have any ideas?? what did you do to upgrade ur engine?

thanks

·
Premium Member
9,080 Posts
he said search as these questions are answered every week in the newbie section so people don't keep writing the same thing over and over.

the fact is, the only real bolt on for the 2.3 worth doing is an intake. it's the only thing really that creates noticable power.

the exhaust on the car won't add any power, only reason to change is for looks and sound, so i always suggest just doing mufflers rather than a full catback.

hopefully by years end there will be a header for the car, but you will NEED to have a midpipe made to really see the gains of it

running some lighter rims and better rubber will give the car a much better feel as well as improve the looks.

there are a lot of free mods out there that could potentially add up, you can just search for those to see which ones you like thought. BS delete, TB coolant bypass, TB optimization, two wheelin's fan module, VTCS removal...

there is no chip, there will not be any "chip" anytime soon

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
you should have gotten a V6....

if you want power CP-E and 16 wheels and tires...All you need

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I'm a relatively new Mazda6 owner. I love my car, but am looking for some affordable engine/performance upgrades for my 2.3/ATX. Does anyone have an suggestions or insight? I was thinking of a chip or maybe an exhaust? I'm kinda lost and was just hoping to get some feedback.

Thanks fellas!
[/b]
Holy torque curve Batman, you need an optimized throttle body! You can do it yourself for free, or buy one for $235 ($130 used if available.) This will let you get the full potential out of any CAI or exhaust improvements you do. You can learn more about this great mod here:

http://cordovamotorsports.com/mazda_products.html

How-to directions are in my Sig....

Also: Search for some exhaust mods people have done on the 6i. (Not bolt ons, but real mods...)

·
Registered
693 Posts
I would have to say that exhaust done correctly will help. maybe not a ton but after i removed the resonator and went to a full 2.5 inch exhaust all the way back it felt like the car breathed better and ran through the rpms much better. Now with the header and midpipe it all makes a big difference. But intake is the way to go.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
How could I forget Twowheelins TB mod and Fan mod, you gotta get those too...your 6i will feel like an entirely different Beast!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts