Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my new 07 has low Beam HID's. Why not the high beams too? I notice the kits that people talk about on here only have 2 lights. So is it Illegal or something to have the High beams HID's as well? Does nobody do this?

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
So my new 07 has low Beam HID's. Why not the high beams too? I notice the kits that people talk about on here only have 2 lights. So is it Illegal or something to have the High beams HID's as well? Does nobody do this?[/b]
High beams are often used for flashing either people, or the road ahead of you. HIDs take some time to warm up before they reach full brightness, usually a few seconds. So they are not the best choice for high beams. There are other reasons as well but I forget them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
you can get both highbeam and lowbeam in hid under one bulbs, thaz called bi-xenon, my friend's murano and x5 has them, it's simply a powered-reflector that will reflects lights to higher angle when on high beam, but how you gonna get that on mazda6, thats a good question

·
Registered
901 Posts
You can buy 2 sets of HIDs for the 6 BUT as people have said, HIDs take a few seconds to warm up and in the manner that High beams are used its not pratical.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts