Mazda 6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey how's it going?
Name is Jason found the site a while back been reading threw some pages but cant really find a straight answer.

I have a 2006 mazda 6 5speed 4cylinder (Is that enough info on the car or is there anymore i need to post about it to answer my questions????)
before I got this car I was into MiniTrucks big time and could careless about engine's and cars but since I got the 6 I want more speed and all around looks my questions are

1-What does a stock mazda 6 4cylinder run at the tracks?(I'm 17 and they wont let me run with out parenets permission and that wont happen, so i got to wait a little while until I can run)

2-How much HP does a mazda 6 4 cylinder come stock?(I thought I saw it has more then a WRX?? is that true?)

3-What the best exhaust to do?
I dont like the fartcans(honda's/ricers etc..)
I've been told Magnaflow Has the cleanest & non ricer sound to it is it true?Also how much HP

4-I been looking at Cold Air intakes and Was wondering how much sound does it add when driving and how much HP do I gain?(When i had one on my s-10 i notice sound but no HP)

5-Would headers make a differnce and give me more HP/sound?

6-I also been thinking about getting a Strut Bar but are they just for body roll and is it worth getting one?

7-Also I want to throw a turbo on it later down the line but my question is do I need to "rebuild" the engine some people told me i would need to rebuild it and mess with it so it could handle the extra power which makes scence but i have no clue if its ture its not or not? and some told me its a weekend project like a basic a bolt on thing but thats doesnt seem right?

8- if i put a cold air intake,Strut Bar,headers,Magnaflow exhaust on my car do you guys think the dealership would give me shit for it if something broke and i went in to get it fixed?

9-also how much HP do you guys think all that would give me cold air intake,headers,Magnaflow exhaust,Strut Bar

Let me know thanks alot from the people who help me and I know Ill get a few people saying use the search but I just want to know
thx again

·
Registered
605 Posts
Hey how's it going?
Name is Jason found the site a while back been reading threw some pages but cant really find a straight answer.

I have a 2006 mazda 6 5speed 4cylinder (Is that enough info on the car or is there anymore i need to post about it to answer my questions????)
before I got this car I was into MiniTrucks big time and could careless about engine's and cars but since I got the 6 I want more speed and all around looks my questions are

1-What does a stock mazda 6 4cylinder run at the tracks?(I'm 17 and they wont let me run with out parenets permission and that wont happen, so i got to wait a little while until I can run)

2-How much HP does a mazda 6 4 cylinder come stock?(I thought I saw it has more then a WRX?? is that true?)

I've been told Magnaflow Has the cleanest & non ricer sound to it is it true?Also how much HP

4-I been looking at Cold Air intakes and Was wondering how much sound does it add when driving and how much HP do I gain?(When i had one on my s-10 i notice sound but no HP)

6-I also been thinking about getting a Strut Bar but are they just for body roll and is it worth getting one?

7-Also I want to throw a turbo on it later down the line but my question is do I need to "rebuild" the engine some people told me i would need to rebuild it and mess with it so it could handle the extra power which makes scence but i have no clue if its ture its not or not? and some told me its a weekend project like a basic a bolt on thing but thats doesnt seem right?

8- if i put a cold air intake,Strut Bar,headers,Magnaflow exhaust on my car do you guys think the dealership would give me shit for it if something broke and i went in to get it fixed?

9-also how much HP do you guys think all that would give me cold air intake,headers,Magnaflow exhaust,Strut Bar

Let me know thanks alot from the people who help me and I know Ill get a few people saying use the search but I just want to know
thx again[/b]
Do you have a stick or Auto. Since the 5 speed is in auto also.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey how's it going?

thx again[/b]

its a stick

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hey how's it going?

thx again[/b]
1. If you drive it right (assuming that you have the 6i, as the speed6 doesn't come in a five speed) you can nail mid to high 14's with the 6i.

2. About 156 bhp.

3. Many find that Injen, while more expensive has a better fit and sound. If you get magnaflows, might also want to pick up a set of kartboy hangers.

4. With a CAI, it depends on conditions, but about 7-10 bhp is the increase. In addition, the sound is amplified a little but not much. You can hear it the slightest bit.

5. Dunno, never read about that.

6. Strut bars are only for body roll. I know that the ms6 gains nothing from a front strut bar but i'm unsure of the 6i. But the strut bars do increase handling as it prevents the car from moving as much.

7. With a turbo you need an intercooler, downpipe, all that stuff. You can buy a kit from ATP for a 2.5k and it has all the stuff required. In addition, you might want to upgrade the engine to handle higher PSI, like new piston heads, camshafts, all that stuff.

8. If the cause of the damage is due to the mod, then yes, the stealership will give you shit. However, some stealerships are assholes and will refuse to work on your car for warrenty even if it isn't the mod thats causing the problem. They'll try to vaguely link the problem to a specific mod. See how friendly your dealer is before trying anything.

9. HP? thats a tough one. I'd say maybe 20-25 bhp. Don't really know.

And welcome to the family. :drive: :drive:

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
1. If you drive it right (assuming that you have the 6i, as the speed6 doesn't come in a five speed) you can nail mid to high 14's with the 6i.

2. About 156 bhp.

3. Many find that Injen, while more expensive has a better fit and sound. If you get magnaflows, might also want to pick up a set of kartboy hangers.

4. With a CAI, it depends on conditions, but about 7-10 bhp is the increase. In addition, the sound is amplified a little but not much. You can hear it the slightest bit.

5. Dunno, never read about that.

6. Strut bars are only for body roll. I know that the ms6 gains nothing from a front strut bar but i'm unsure of the 6i. But the strut bars do increase handling as it prevents the car from moving as much.

7. With a turbo you need an intercooler, downpipe, all that stuff. You can buy a kit from ATP for a 2.5k and it has all the stuff required. In addition, you might want to upgrade the engine to handle higher PSI, like new piston heads, camshafts, all that stuff.

8. If the cause of the damage is due to the mod, then yes, the stealership will give you shit. However, some stealerships are assholes and will refuse to work on your car for warrenty even if it isn't the mod thats causing the problem. They'll try to vaguely link the problem to a specific mod. See how friendly your dealer is before trying anything.

9. HP? thats a tough one. I'd say maybe 20-25 bhp. Don't really know.

And welcome to the family. :drive: :drive:[/b]
thx alot for the help
whats some good sites for mazda 6i parts?
i been having trouble finding parts for it i found grills and hoods,back hatch and cold air intakes and thats about it
a local shop said mid march people should have some aftermarket parts for the 06's
thx again

·
Registered
826 Posts
thx alot for the help
whats some good sites for mazda 6i parts?
i been having trouble finding parts for it i found grills and hoods,back hatch and cold air intakes and thats about it
a local shop said mid march people should have some aftermarket parts for the 06's
thx again[/b]
no prob. Here are two helpful sites.

This first one is a sponsor of the forum so I'm inclined (through no means of them) to mention his first.
The rpm store

The second is one I saw in the mag. Import Tuner.
Andy's Auto Sport

Both have a wide-range of products. I haven't done business with any of them, but the RPM store is a great choice. Andy's auto sport I don't know about but it has a huge range of products.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Hey how's it going?

4-I been looking at Cold Air intakes and Was wondering how much sound does it add when driving and how much HP do I gain?(When i had one on my s-10 i
notice sound but no HP)

thx again[/b]

First off you are really lucky to have such a nice car at 17, so you have no right to complain about anything :nono:

Second welcome to the club, don't take anything personally cause we all give each other a hard time :stickpoke:

I have the exact same car and I have the same tuning style and can relate to the parents not wanting you to race.

2. The '06 6i makes 160 hp not 156

3. The best exhaust I have heard is the Mazdaspeed one which is a repackaged bosal exhaust.

4. A CAI adds a good amount of sound and only 5-10hp

5. Headers will give you more power but there aren't that many good headers out right now.

6. I heard the strut bar does nothing for our 6i's since the firewall is stronger than other cars or something like that.

8. Yes they will give you a hard time, thought it depends on the dealership. If you want to play it safe just buy mazdaspeed parts from one of the site sponsors( cause it's cheaper than buying from the dealership) and have the parts installed by a trusty local mechanic and make sure to keep the papers so if anything happens you have proof that you had the parts installed by a professional. I would recommend on waiting till the warrenty expires till you turbo it.

You will probably only be able to get the 6i to 200hp with bolt-ons until you turbo it.

Are you on YouTube? If you are just send me your YouTube display name and I'll send you some good Mazda exhaust videos.

You should also check with your insurance company to see what their policy is on racing your car on a track as some insurance companies will cancel your parents policy (If you are on their insurance policy when racing your car on a track or your policy if you have a separate one) if they find that you have been racing on a track. And while you are talking to your insurance company ask them if they will insure the parts you have added to your car so if you get in an accident or your car gets stolen you can replace those parts.

Just troll through all the topics one at a time as that is the best way to finding info next to searching.

Hope I was helpful and feel free to PM me if you need any help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
First off you are really lucky to have such a nice car at 17, so you have no right to complain about anything :nono:

Second welcome to the club, don't take anything personally cause we all give each other a hard time :stickpoke:

I have the exact same car and I have the same tuning style and can relate to the parents not wanting you to race.

2. The '06 6i makes 160 hp not 156

3. The best exhaust I have heard is the Mazdaspeed one which is a repackaged bosal exhaust.

4. A CAI adds a good amount of sound and only 5-10hp

5. Headers will give you more power but there aren't that many good headers out right now.

6. I heard the strut bar does nothing for our 6i's since the firewall is stronger than other cars or something like that.

8. Yes they will give you a hard time, thought it depends on the dealership. If you want to play it safe just buy mazdaspeed parts from one of the site sponsors( cause it's cheaper than buying from the dealership) and have the parts installed by a trusty local mechanic and make sure to keep the papers so if anything happens you have proof that you had the parts installed by a professional. I would recommend on waiting till the warrenty expires till you turbo it.

You will probably only be able to get the 6i to 200hp with bolt-ons until you turbo it.

Are you on YouTube? If you are just send me your YouTube display name and I'll send you some good Mazda exhaust videos.

You should also check with your insurance company to see what their policy is on racing your car on a track as some insurance companies will cancel your parents policy (If you are on their insurance policy when racing your car on a track or your policy if you have a separate one) if they find that you have been racing on a track. And while you are talking to your insurance company ask them if they will insure the parts you have added to your car so if you get in an accident or your car gets stolen you can replace those parts.

Just troll through all the topics one at a time as that is the best way to finding info next to searching.

Hope I was helpful and feel free to PM me if you need any help.[/b]
thx for the info and for the welcome
also i wasnt complaining i understand why the parents do not want me racing a newer car because parts are expensive and safety etc.. so i got to wait until i turn 18 til i can run it... also im not really lucky to have this car I work my as* off and i can afford to buy myself a nice car if it was given to me then yes i would be lucky... not trying to sound like a dick just how i see it. can you PM me pics of your ride?

also ill get a YouTube after work tonight and email you the user name thx for that
also your talking about the stock speed 6 exhaust is it different from the rugular 6's? if so would i have to order a speed6 exhaust from the dealer? thx i gtg in class post my other questions later
thanks for everyones help

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have another question i have a scratch on my bumper and i was wondering if i just used the touched up paint would that fix it or do i have do anything else? not really sure ,do i apply the paint and let it dry and be done or do i have to apply the paint sand buff apply buff im not sure? let me know thx

·
Registered
426 Posts
I have another question i have a scratch on my bumper and i was wondering if i just used the touched up paint would that fix it or do i have do anything else? not really sure ,do i apply the paint and let it dry and be done or do i have to apply the paint sand buff apply buff im not sure? let me know thx[/b]

if you want it to look better do i apply the paint and let it dry and be done or do i have to apply the paint sand buff apply buff, me, i just take it to the body shop, call me insurance and say someone keyed my car. :)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if you want it to look better do i apply the paint and let it dry and be done or do i have to apply the paint sand buff apply buff, me, i just take it to the body shop, call me insurance and say someone keyed my car. :)[/b]
yeah ill prob do that becuz that what it looks like someone keyed it

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.