Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats up yall?

just bought an 06 mazdaspeed 6 loving it. for the money you cant beat it. got a grand touring no navi for 25g out the door. brand new. long story short coming from a wrx wagon that was tuned and had a srt 4 that had some go faster parts.

now just need someone to chime in on some questions i need answered.

what kind of problems will i run into? i know clutch sucks and looking on how to adjust.

parts available?

anyone near chicago?

are there any meets in the area?

i saw that Cobb is making an accessport for the ms6 and have to say that is awsome. had it on my wrx and was the best money i spent on it... that and my 3'' exhaust.

parts i want to add and would like some feedback please-

turbo back exhaust
BOV
Cobb
i pod interface

any info would be great and if anyone wants to meet up let me know.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Most if not all of yur questions are answered in detail. There is a thread with instructions on adjusting the clutch, if you don't get used to it. There are interfaces available for the ipod or mp3 players, turboback exhaust available by cp-e. Take some time and read read read and you will find answers to most of your questions.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Welcome and congrats on your purchase! Most if not all of yur questions are answered in detail. There is a thread with instructions on adjusting the clutch, if you don't get used to it. There are interfaces available for the ipod or mp3 players, turboback exhaust available by cp-e. Take some time and read read read and you will find answers to most of your questions.
[/b]
+1. welcome!

·
Registered
45 Posts
whats up yall?

just bought an 06 mazdaspeed 6 loving it. for the money you cant beat it. got a grand touring no navi for 25g out the door. brand new. long story short coming from a wrx wagon that was tuned and had a srt 4 that had some go faster parts.

what kind of problems will i run into? i know clutch sucks and looking on how to adjust.

parts available?

anyone near chicago?

are there any meets in the area?

i saw that Cobb is making an accessport for the ms6 and have to say that is awsome. had it on my wrx and was the best money i spent on it... that and my 3'' exhaust.

parts i want to add and would like some feedback please-

turbo back exhaust
BOV
Cobb
i pod interface

any info would be great and if anyone wants to meet up let me know.
[/b]

Read my post on (Powerloss?)

A) the clutch sucks and needs adjustment
B) Turbo is done at 5500rpm
C) Wait till you get the powerloss where your turbo just wont spool until you turn the car on and off

I like the car, but I am so angry with this crap that i just listed above because even for 25k this should not happen.

This is not made up, so dont think I am knocking the car...just telling you the truth.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Read my post on (Powerloss?)

A) the clutch sucks and needs adjustment
B) Turbo is done at 5500rpm
C) Wait till you get the powerloss where your turbo just wont spool until you turn the car on and off

I like the car, but I am so angry with this crap that i just listed above because even for 25k this should not happen.

This is not made up, so dont think I am knocking the car...just telling you the truth.
[/b]
Yeah, that's nice and real useful.

·
Registered
176 Posts
whats up yall?

[/b]
Welcome aboard. Don't judge the clutch too fast. It is basically set as a racing clutch and requires knee action, not ankle action. Many of us with years of heel and toe shifting experience love the clutch just as it comes from the factory. However, it is adjustable, so just look for the thread if you feel the need. I drive my GT in heavy traffic, on open roads, in city streets, and in the twisties, but have never felt the need to change the clutch. It works especially well with a punchy knee action when you are making quick shifts. Also, because it engages with very little pedal travel as you release, knee action is more precise than ankle action. You will stall less often using your knee. Try it, you might like it.
:seeya:

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Welcome aboard. Don't judge the clutch too fast. It is basically set as a racing clutch and requires knee action, not ankle action. Many of us with years of heel and toe shifting experience love the clutch just as it comes from the factory. However, it is adjustable, so just look for the thread if you feel the need. I drive my GT in heavy traffic, on open roads, in city streets, and in the twisties, but have never felt the need to change the clutch. It works especially well with a punchy knee action when you are making quick shifts. Also, because it engages with very little pedal travel as you release, knee action is more precise than ankle action. You will stall less often using your knee. Try it, you might like it.
:seeya:
[/b]
+1, good post

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome.

As for what to add.

Turbonator....

Jokes aside, welcome, don't worry about the clutch, there's warrenties, and most of the clutch problems are either very few lemons, or some idiot launching it and not admitting it.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Welcome and enjoy! The peeps here are very helpful. :welcome9:

·
Registered
826 Posts
One more thing. You want to be careful when adding your exhaust to not remove those two giant O's in the back. I know they look ridiculous, but Mazda put them there to keep the heat from melting the back bumper. If you search the forum you'll see some nasty incidents about that. Just a little notice.

Enjoy your car. And welcome once more :drive:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts