Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2005 Nissan Titan last year and really do like it other than the consistent 12 mpg I seem to get. With gas prices on the rise again I’m looking into something more economical. I’ve seen a few of the Mazda 6’s around and really liked the styling. I took one out for a test drive the other day (V6 manual) and really liked it.

I do have some questions though. The one I’m looking at is a used 03 V6 with 50k miles on it for around 14k. The car is in mint condition and seems well kept. Does this seem like a fair price? Also, are there any major issues I should be aware of because this car doesn’t have a warranty. Reliable? MPG? Any ups and downs feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
i bought my 04 very base model i4 for about 12K. the mileage was at roughly 30K. i'm actually not sure of the price as mine is only an i4. run a report on KBB or NADA. where are you located?

as for ups and downs, i haven't experienced any downs. nothing but ups! :yesnod:

the mpg is fairly good, about double what you are getting with you truck. i find my cara to be very reliable. i haven't had any problems with it that have altered my thinking highly of it. i guess the only down that i know of would be the hp of the cars. but i didn't buy it because it could be a monstrous hp car.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i bought my 04 very base model i4 for about 12K. the mileage was at roughly 30K. i'm actually not sure of the price as mine is only an i4. run a report on KBB or NADA. where are you located?

as for ups and downs, i haven't experienced any downs. nothing but ups! :yesnod:

the mpg is fairly good, about double what you are getting with you truck. i find my cara to be very reliable. i haven't had any problems with it that have altered my thinking highly of it. i guess the only down that i know of would be the hp of the cars. but i didn't buy it because it could be a monstrous hp car.
[/b]
So 14k doesn't seem to off. Any major prob's with them? The titan has a list a mile long from warped rotors to rear end failures. My warranty is almost up and it's starting to worry me and this car would save me almost $400/month in gas/ins/payment. Seems like a no brainer.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a 2005 Nissan Titan last year and really do like it other than the consistent 12 mpg I seem to get. With gas prices on the rise again I’m looking into something more economical. I’ve seen a few of the Mazda 6’s around and really liked the styling. I took one out for a test drive the other day (V6 manual) and really liked it.

I do have some questions though. The one I’m looking at is a used 03 V6 with 50k miles on it for around 14k. The car is in mint condition and seems well kept. Does this seem like a fair price? Also, are there any major issues I should be aware of because this car doesn’t have a warranty. Reliable? MPG? Any ups and downs feedback would be very appreciated. Thanks!!!
[/b]
Price seems pretty good. The trade it on that is around 11500 with no repaint, thats what my dealer book says. MPG is depending on how you drive but it is around 22. I dont know about reliable. The mazda 6's haven't really got a chance to reach high mileage so at 50 I think you're fine but know one really knows yet passed that! But I say get em down on the price!

·
Registered
979 Posts
You should be ale to get that price down a lot Considering how many miles are on it... I saw a 2005 on a dealer lot for 16,500... did you check NADA? also is it the sport package or plain one?

·
Registered
358 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
About this Discussion
7 Replies
6 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing