Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My name is Luke, I live in Missouri. I have a 2006 Mazda 6 S Wagon w/ a 5speed. I am joining up in an effort to solve a few electrical and idling problems I am having with my "new to me" wagon. I am excited to be apart of this group!

I bought the car knowing it had gremlins, in wet weather the horn sometime honks on its own, also recently the rear windshield wiper started running on its own and I have no control of the passenger side window with the driver-side controls. I also have a rough idle some days. If anyone has had any experience with these issues I could definitely use some direction. The person I bought it from suggested I replace the Body Control Module (BCM). Not sure on that one.

·
Registered
605 Posts
My name is Luke, I live in Missouri. I have a 2006 Mazda 6 S Wagon w/ a 5speed. I am joining up in an effort to solve a few electrical and idling problems I am having with my "new to me" wagon. I am excited to be apart of this group!

I bought the car knowing it had gremlins, in wet weather the horn sometime honks on its own, also recently the rear windshield wiper started running on its own and I have no control of the passenger side window with the driver-side controls. I also have a rough idle some days. If anyone has had any experience with these issues I could definitely use some direction. The person I bought it from suggested I replace the Body Control Module (BCM). Not sure on that one.

Almost all of those sound like some kind of possible grounding issue except the window you just need to reset it by rolling down the window then back up when you roll it back up hold the button for about 10 seconds using the pass side button this works the same for the driver window too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
205 Posts
Welcome!
@bluedevil6 has got you on the right track:)

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Welcome to yet ANOTHER wagon rider! There is a dedicated crowd of long top users on this forum and of late, there has been somewhat of a surge in new wagon users joining up. We have a thread on here for posting photos of the famed long top and we'd love to have you add a photo of yours. The thread is called Wagon Love Post Up a Photo. Do a quick search and show us your wagon!

As @bluedevil6 says, that passenger window issue is an easy fix. The solution is to go to the window switch at the passenger front door and roll the window down about half way, then roll it up while holding the button up. When it reaches the top, dont let go. Hold the button up for about 5 seconds. In that time, if it is quiet in the car, you'll likely hear a small click of a relay. Once that click happens, the master switch will work again to control that window. Additionally, perform that same procedure on the drivers window and you'll get your full auto down auto up feature back. The front two windows have full auto down and up. Everytime the battery is disconnected this programming feature will need to be repeated.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Wagons! Wagons everywhere! Ahhhhh!

But seriously, welcome and BD's got the good start point there with the ground issue. There's a number of posts around here regarding proper grounding which may be helpful.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Welcome! 5-spd. wagons are the best 🙂

·
Registered
12 Posts
Corrosion in the underhood fuse panel is probably the cause of the random horn beeping. There are several fixes that come up if you google it. Its a 10 minute repair. Happened to my son when he was using my 04 6 wagon. The car was sitting outside an office building and it started beeping randomly. It lasted a few minutes to a couple hours. The folks left some none to nice notes on the windshield (can't blame them). Fixed the corrosion, no more beeping or nasty-grams :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts