Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi all this is my Mazda 6. I have one question. Do I keep the alloys that’s on it or should I change back to the other ones

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

If I had to choose between the two, I prefer the latter. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you I was thinking the same but I need to get them refurbished first but not sure if I should change the colour

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
Thank you I was thinking the same but I need to get them refurbished first but not sure if I should change the colour
Yeah they look like they need some love - hopefully that bubbling isn't indicative of rust issues. Depending on your skills, you could always try sanding them down yourself and painting them. I did it for my TSWs and loved how it came out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
They look great. Is that Anthracite or gun metal. Was thinking the same sort of colour

·
Super Moderator
17,974 Posts
They look great. Is that Anthracite or gun metal. Was thinking the same sort of colour
Gunmetal with a flake. Anthracite is lighter than gun metal (in my experience) but a lot of places use the words interchangeably.

·
Rally Racer
3,503 Posts
Looks good. I think the latter wheels are also larger? The types of roads you drive my be a coonsideration.
I sanded, repaired and refinished my wheels a few years ago and they are still doing well.
Chris Fix has a decent YouTube video on this. I even used the metal filler for a part. Keep in mind that if you use a filler you likely cannot have them powder coated but you can spray them.
Good luck, show us how they turn out.
I went with the same gun metal/anthracite/graphite flake. I opted for a satin finish.

·
Registered
2014 Sport NAV - Jet Black Diesel MT6
55 Posts
Welcome along fellow Islander. Car looks very tidy for a 14 year old car. Another vote for the bigger wheels here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts