Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I feel really dumb posting this but here we go..

Here in Canada, and I suppose in the states as well, we have daytime running lights. At night when I flick on my hid's, the drl's (or someother bulb where the drl fixture lies) stay on and to be honest it looks tacky because the hid's are bright white-ish and the drl's are yellow and dull. Is there any way to make the drl's shut off when I turn on the hid's...I noticed that on the 05- models the drl's don't do this.....

Sorry for the mishmash of words I hope it makes sense. ;)

Any help is much appreciated!

·
Registered
542 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Couple questions:

Do I have to remove the bumper to install these babies or can I do it from the engine bay?

and

Are they H3's or H1's?

MUCH appreciated.

·
Registered
542 Posts
No bumper removal required for installation of these babies...You might want to remove the top part of your airbox to get some more room to work around it. And if your running your fogs from the bottom of the bumper on the 2006's then you should be able to take it out from the bottom. Just jack up the front and take a look under your bumper to see how the fogs are mounted. Fogs are H3's for 2004/2005. and H11's for 2006 model years.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Not sure if you can do this on a 6 or not, but my old car, Grand Prix, had them. It was only a matter of removing a fuse to kill the DTL, if you still want to run them during the day then its just by using the manual switch.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. Would anyone know what fuse the drl's are? :p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts