Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally got around to installing the ADR Competition 7 wheels that I purchased back in November. They are 17x7 +48 offset wrapped in Falken Azenis ST-115s in 215/50/17. Also found time to paint the calipers with the silver G2 kit that I've had sitting around for a week or so.

The fender gap is pretty large as the tire diameter didn't change, but the Mazdaspeed 5-door/wagon springs that I'm planning to order should fix that. And the clear side markers are coming soon too.

Oh, and ignore the dirt. I washed and waxed the car on Thursday, but it had to rain on Friday for some reason. Typical Pittsburgh weather.

Enjoy the pics and let me know what you think.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
Looks nice but i think that 225/45 would of set that off nicely with mazdaspeed springs.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nice theme. time to get those 06 tails huh? :p
[/b]
Thanks. The 06 tails are on my long list of things to eventually get to. I just need to convince myself that $200 is worth spending for them. I was considering painting the OEM ones black, but I'm not sure how that will look and/or last.

Looks nice but i think that 225/45 would of set that off nicely with mazdaspeed springs.
[/b]
I thought long and hard about which size to get. I ended up with the 215 because the roads in PA are so terrible. Hopefully the little bit of extra side wall will help prevent wheel damage while keeping the ride semi-confortable.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
good get the springs..get the clear sidemarkers....andddd
TINT TINT TINT!!!

nice car BTW... ;o)
[/b]
Tint would help make the package complete, but PA's tint law is 70%. I know the chances of getting a ticket for it is small, but I have other things to spend money on right now that carry no risk. When I run out of things to do, I will do the tint. I say that, but knowing me, I will probably get it done sooner rather than later. :)

·
Registered
160 Posts
I agree with everyone else, tint would make it look alot better, i live in PA also and have 15% and never get hassled by the cops

·
Registered
150 Posts
Looking good. You just need some more black on your ride to compliment those wheels. Something like what Mazda2386 has done to his headlight assembly here:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looking good. You just need some more black on your ride to compliment those wheels. Something like what Mazda2386 has done to his headlight assembly here:
[/b]
Thanks. Tinted headlights are on my list, but I don't think I will be doing that until I decide if I'm going to do a HID retrofit. Either way I'm tinting them, just want to do the retrofit at the same time.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
6 Participants
Slv6sPitt
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing