Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
Black with a polished lip is sure to look good on white. What size are you going with, and also what tires? Dropping it also??

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am going with 18", and putting snow tires on it for the winter. Just went with 225/40/18 Hancook Ice Bears, got them from Discount Tire.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
I am going with 18", and putting snow tires on it for the winter. Just went with 225/40/18 Hancook Ice Bears, got them from Discount Tire.
[/b]
just a suggestion...but it may be smarter to save your new wheels for nice weather and not mount snow tires on them. The winter months can be brutal and can easily ruin your new wheels. Why not mount the snow tires on your stock wheels?

That way you'll have two dedicated sets. one set of wheels and tires for summer and one for winter. Don't have to worry about swarpping and mounting and balancing all the time....

·
Registered
826 Posts
Those are some really nice rims. What's the exact name for them? I'm thinking of getting some colored rims, the stockers look decent, but its silver on silver for me and I want contrast.

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Those are some really nice rims. What's the exact name for them? I'm thinking of getting some colored rims, the stockers look decent, but its silver on silver for me and I want contrast.
[/b]
the wheels pictured are ASA AR1 wheels

·
Registered
176 Posts
So I just got some new wheels for my pearl white MS6, what do you guys think?

[/b]
I just ordered the same wheels in silver for a white MS6. I'm putting the Pirelli PZero Nero M&S in the OEM size on them. I like the silver with the white, but think this wheel fits the character of the car better than the stock wheels. It has a 52mm offset, so there is no fitment problem.
:drive:

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nice rims and even better offset(I wish more rims had our offset :sarc: ). I'll be getting new rims for the warmer months. I just put snow tires on the stock rims. :D

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
they won't look right in 18". u gotta go 19" [/b]
To elaborate if i may... given that this rim has such a big lip, the effective visual length of the spoke is reduced a significant amount. I think they look nice anyway, get some pics!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just a suggestion...but it may be smarter to save your new wheels for nice weather and not mount snow tires on them. The winter months can be brutal and can easily ruin your new wheels. Why not mount the snow tires on your stock wheels?

That way you'll have two dedicated sets. one set of wheels and tires for summer and one for winter. Don't have to worry about swarpping and mounting and balancing all the time....
[/b]
I would do this however, the reason I had to put these rims on now is because I had cracked one of the stock rims. So instead of spending the 680 to get a replacement stock, bought these instead.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts