Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So there I am, driving down the road when I hit one of those big soup bowl looking reflectors, cutting one of my tires. I had to get new tires anyway, so I go to the store (Kauffman tire) and get a set of 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4's and love 'em. They are so much better than the crappy stockers. They were a little pricey though, $148 per, $686.60 out the door, but they are worth it. I will be waiting to see how long they will last given that they have the same tread wear # (300). My old ones were gone at 25000 miles.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Something similar happened to me a year ago with a new $$$$$ Toyo T1S :swearin:

·
Registered
676 Posts
So there I am, driving down the road when I hit one of those big soup bowl looking reflectors, cutting one of my tires. I had to get new tires anyway, so I go to the store (Kauffman tire) and get a set of 225/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4's and love 'em. They are so much better than the crappy stockers. They were a little pricey though, $148 per, $686.60 out the door, but they are worth it. I will be waiting to see how long they will last given that they have the same tread wear # (300). My old ones were gone at 25000 miles.
[/b]
CRAP! that's like double the price of edgeracing

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm looking forward to buy a set of 225/45/18 Toyo Proxes 4. I had 225/40/18 last year. Those 40s were no good. All of them with bulbs and making road sound. My question is will 45s make any difference? How's the ride difference between 40s and 45s ? I'm not showing off my rims. I just want something look and ride nice, no bulbs when I go over small soup holes.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I just bought some Toyo Proxes4 225/45/17's last week and I love them so far as well. I went to a trip in the mountains on some nice winding roads and had a bit of fun with them.

So far I love them! I bought mine from edgeracing and had them mounted locally.

What are you guys running for pressure in proxes4?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Ummm :D

Ok I have ready to send to you

:nana:

I am running with 34psi in my T1R 225/45 R17x7,5

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
just get the goodyear eagle f1 gs-d3 and be done with it :p i replaced my toyos with them god are they so much better in dry and wet. Too bad they are summer only tires. just go back to stock in the winter heh.

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
Something similar happened to me a year ago with a new $$$$$ Toyo T1S :swearin:

[/b]
VERY interesting ... it gets that bad? At least one of my tires (T1-S) has the beginnings of that kind of a cut in it, I better not bother making them last much llonger, eh?

Strange place for that kind of a cut, and I assumed it must have been some unique impact MY tires suffered ... I wonder whether others with T1-S have seen the same kind of cut? Not that it matters, since the T1-S have been discontinued in favor of the T1-Rs, but still ...

·
Registered
676 Posts
Edgeracing has them for $132 actually. Better than $148, but not exactly half...

I can't decide between the Proxes 4 or T1R's...
[/b]
In 215-50-17 they're $82, 225-45-17 $93

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
It looks like I'm OK on tires until maybe this spring, but I am going back and forth between Proxes 4s and Falken 512s. The Falkens have a better treadwear rating and the reviews I've read say they're better in the snow....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts