Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there!

I recently got a 2017 Mazda 6 GT, love it so far, just a little slow :)

What should I be on the lookout for, service wise?
What tasteful modifications have you done and would recommend?
I am thinking about getting the Corksport catback exhaust and cold air box, possibly a mild tune in the future..
What do you think?

Excited to be part of the Atenza family!

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I recommend applying paint protection. It was too late for me so I can ignore the "sandblasted hood."

Install plastic trim protection like this one I bought but haven't installed.

Someone recommended installing a similar "sticker" on the headlights. Unfortunately, I haven't bought one.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats.. I've got a 2017.5 GT.. all black in and out. Simply love this car.. honestly I don't feel it is slow, especially in sport mode. It's not a racer but goes fast enough for a quick ticket.lol.

·
Super Moderator
17,374 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've got a running list (that I desperately need to update but have been too busy) of things to watch out for with our cars :)

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I've got a running list (that I desperately need to update but have been too busy) of things to watch out for with our cars :)

I can't believe I didn't put it on my bookmark and I replied to that thread! Thank you for mentioning it here, I have it on my bookmark. It should be useful once the list is updated.

·
Registered
2017 Mazda 6 Touring 6 speed
7 Posts
Hey I’m new here too and I also have a 2017 Mazda 6. Mine is the Touring model though. I don’t feel that she is slow at all, but I also have a 6 speed manual. As far as improvements the original owner (I’m the 2nd got her with 43k) did some modifications, it has been converted to LED headlights which are amazing, as well as putting super high performance rated tires on it... which I was like it’a a 4 cylinder why??? But trust when I say she rides and holds the road fantastically!

·
Registered
8 Posts
I too have a 2017 M6 Touring that came with 19 " tires. There is a curvy hilly road I love to drive like it's the autobon. I got it in 2019 with only 4K miles. It DOES hold the road fantastically. :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts