Mazda 6 Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,381 Posts
Handles look good! Time to remove those door guards! ;)

BUUUUUT, if the emblems weren't doing too well underneath, be weary before pulling the guards off. Peel a tiny section and have some 3M tape ready in case you need to keep them on. I've seen a couple guys who had to leave them on because someone had painted over them or something stupid.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 Wagon V6
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Handles look good! Time to remove those door guards! ;)

BUUUUUT, if the emblems weren't doing too well underneath, be weary before pulling the guards off. Peel a tiny section and have some 3M tape ready in case you need to keep them on. I've seen a couple guys who had to leave them on because someone had painted over them or something stupid.
Yeah, after seeing under the emblems, now I'm a little worried to look under the door guards. Only one way to find out though right? I figured i would do the same thing, take them off and if its to bad then ill just put them back on. Man i really hope i can take them off and make it clean. I really want the guards off.

·
Registered
Mazda 6 Wagon V6
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looking for black tail lights for this wagon is near impossible! I just need one good parts car that will give me those and the fogs! I guess i just live in a no mazda zone lol

·
Rally Racer
2004 Mazda 6s Wagon ATX
4,111 Posts
Im not sure, @DrFeelGood do you know? I might be remembering wrong. I just know that ONLY the wagon lights fit wagons cause of the depth issue.
All the US models came with the tails that @Carbon6 has. Mazda USA offered a clear tail light option (0000-8Z-H02A ) that was only available in silver.
(SOLD)
It looks similar (no amber turn bulb) to the overseas clear tail light option except for the USA it has the legally mandated side visible reflector. I have the JDM clear amber tail assemblies from a user in NZ whom I traded with. I wanted these because the red turn was very difficult to see with the brakes on. In Japan they made a black backed clear tail lens for the wagon for the facelift models only.
Wagon only fits wagon, not hatch or sedan.

I also had to add the side turn indicator because there was absolutely no way of knowing I was indicating to turn when looked at from the side. Terrible design.

My internet collection of lights when I was retrofitting.

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Hood
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Body jewelry Automotive side marker light
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Automotive lighting Amber Eyewear
Automotive tail & brake light Automotive parking light Automotive lighting Automotive light bulb Automotive design
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Liquid Automotive lighting Fluid

21 - 28 of 28 Posts