Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I've had my Speed6 for about 1 week and I simply love it. Haven't pushed it to hard, still breaking it in and taking it slow for a couple hundred miles. I do have a couple questions that I hope all can help out with.

As I've been reading the forums and doing my own product searches I've noticed there are a couple mods that grabbed my attention. My only worry is my warranty. As I'm young (23) and this is my first BIG car purchase, I don't want to mess anything up. So here is my question(s)... Maganflow's Turbo-back exhaust... warranty voider? Same question for CP-E's CAI.

Thanks for the info in advance :D

*Side note* I'm an audiophile, and I was very unimpressed with the Bose 'sub' in the car... so I did update to a Solo Baric 7 and after some gain and db boost workings, it sounds amazing. I can help anyone with that part of the Speed if they so desire :D

·
Registered
4,138 Posts
Warranty is up to the dealers discretion...

Technically if they can prove your car makes more power anything engine/drivetrain/chassis/suspension related can be voided...

But I can say most dealers are pretty cool about mods, just as long as its nothing huge...

As far as sound goes, congrats on the S7, where did you put it?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club.. You will find a lot of info on here.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As far as sound goes, congrats on the S7, where did you put it?
[/b]
I put it in my trunk in a Kicker sub box... I don't have much use for trunk space since I have a 87 ford truck, yay.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
So here is my question(s)... Maganflow's Turbo-back exhaust... warranty voider? Same question for CP-E's CAI.

[/b]
Ditto on wiggum's response. I thought the Magnaflow is a catback not turbo-back.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ditto on wiggum's response. I thought the Magnaflow is a catback not turbo-back.
[/b]
It is, I just was typing in a hurry... so I didn't sort my thoughts to the 't'... sorry :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
*Side note* I'm an audiophile, and I was very unimpressed with the Bose 'sub' in the car... so I did update to a Solo Baric 7 and after some gain and db boost workings, it sounds amazing. I can help anyone with that part of the Speed if they so desire :D
[/b]
Wanta put up a How to for the install? because I too have been underwhelmed with bose subs (and as novice audiophile I know bose is all hype and marketing)

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Wanta put up a How to for the install? because I too have been underwhelmed with bose subs (and as novice audiophile I know bose is all hype and marketing)
[/b]
I will put up my install with pictures tomorrow morning once I get sometime to take pics, it's late/early in the AM right now :p

·
Registered
194 Posts
Does the stock "head unit" (6-disc changer) have RCA outputs? Did you add an aftermarket amp?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Does the stock "head unit" (6-disc changer) have RCA outputs? Did you add an aftermarket amp?
[/b]

the feed going to the OEM sub is an RCA feed, just splice that into a 2 channel amp and then its sub time. thats the way I did it. I did have to but in a ground loop thinger to get rid of some feedback.

joe

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the feed going to the OEM sub is an RCA feed, just splice that into a 2 channel amp and then its sub time. thats the way I did it. I did have to but in a ground loop thinger to get rid of some feedback.
joe
[/b]
That is EXACTLY what I did... then I messed with my 'gain' and 'dB boost' to even out the bass.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Hey Spooner welcome! It's good to see I'm not the only 23 year old with the MS6 There's been some rumors going 'round the net about this being an old mans car :p

Since you are an audiophile maybe you can help me in my search for a new amp and sub...I'm looking for a 10" that puts out hard and tight and an amp that give enough juice to it. Any suggestions?

The box will be a custom fiberglass job that my friend will help me with once i make a selection.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Hey Spooner welcome! It's good to see I'm not the only 23 year old with the MS6 There's been some rumors going 'round the net about this being an old mans car :p
[/b]
I'm 22, and I basically hear the same things as well. Its a game I like to play when I am out driving too. Its called Mazda6....Old man. And thats because I rarely see anyone whom I'd consider to be like 35 and younger driving a 6. But I don't care. I love my ms6 to death.

And Spooner, welcome and congrats on your purchase. Like you, this was also my first huge wallet draining purchase and I say we look after that warranty as long as possible. But I can tell its really hard when I read about what the other members are doing with their cars. There is just so much possibility for this car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
11 Participants
sixium
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing