Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! :)

I just want to introduce myself. I purchased an 05' redfire metallic 6s three weeks ago and decided to join the board. I finally got the title last Wednesday so I could put my plates on the car and drive it. Pennsylvania's has some pretty stupid laws. Before I could drive the car, I had to pay off the sellers loan(took 5 days for Mazda Credit to get my check), then wait 5-10 business days for the title to be mailed to me. What a hassle.

Before I bought the 6, I had a 94' Camaro V6. I decided to sell it because it was having too many problems and I didn't feel like putting any more money into it. Before that, I had a 92' Camaro RS.

The 6 has 11,000 miles, 6 speed auto, and leather seats. I did the free air box mod and put a K&N in the car. Some pics of it are in the sig.

I do have some bad news :( On Saturday, four days after I could drive the car, I drove through a hail storm driving home from my gf's graduation. Now, the car has small chips in the paint all over :swearin:. It's not too bad(no dents), but I called the insurance company anyway today to see what, if anything, they can do about it. I'm still waiting for the adjuster to call me back. I don't think there's enough to warrant a repaint, nor would I really want one. Hopefully the insurance company will pay someone to touch up all the chips. I'm probably over-reacting, but it just pisses me off too no end. I had just washed and waxed the car on Thursday and there was not a single flaw in the paint. I just graduated from Penn State in December, started a new job, and I was finally able to buy a nice car, and now the paint is all chipped up. :tear: Hopefully something will come of it.

Sorry for the long post

-Brian

·
Registered
978 Posts
what a sad story...if that happened to me, i'd be pretty upset too. hope that you find a decent solution! hopefully looking around this site will give you some ideas of what else you can do to make your car better and get your mind off what happened. regardless, welcome to the club!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
glad to have you aboard. i'd give your insurance company hell. they'll pay up eventually. a few years back i had major damage from hail, ended up in the shop for two weeks for new paint, hood, roof, etc. provided that your insurance company is reputable, and you're willing to pay the deductable, they'll make it right.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Welcome to the club.. Nice car choice and if you look around enough you will find not only a wealth of info but a ton of mishap stories!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
About this Discussion
8 Replies
9 Participants
speedgal
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing