Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone.

I am from NJ and I drive a 2003 6s. Awesome ride.

Now - i suck at mods and tunes, i am pretty much a virgin to do-it-urself so please bear with me. I plan on becoming a good mod guy and seek this site for assistance.

First things first:

Ok - so the damn "Hello" can't be modified. Damn again. The next best thing is getting the Metra (learned that already). So that means I need a new Head Unit. Anyone got a good recommendation, something that kills the original factory? Preferably something that works with the steering wheel controls if possible. My car is blue, so let's keep that in mind. I want something that is impressive.

About Metra:

Can i keep the old dials and does the climate control still work? I need more info on this, i searched the site, but really haven't found a "newbie-proof" description of the thing.

My headlight bulbs need some replacing - i am looking for cool but legal bulbs.. ideas? There are TONS of stuff, i just want something to add that kick, but my car's exterior is completely stock. I like the look of the stock, so i won't be doing anything. I actually prefer that "hidden" surprise of ... "it looks stock... but that thing doesn't move or sound stock".

and last but not least...

Any NJ 6ers out there??

Thanks
HC

·
Registered
139 Posts
Hello everyone.

I am from NJ and I drive a 2003 6s. Awesome ride.

Now - i suck at mods and tunes, i am pretty much a virgin to do-it-urself so please bear with me. I plan on becoming a good mod guy and seek this site for assistance.

First things first:

Ok - so the damn "Hello" can't be modified. Damn again. The next best thing is getting the Metra (learned that already). So that means I need a new Head Unit. Anyone got a good recommendation, something that kills the original factory? Preferably something that works with the steering wheel controls if possible. My car is blue, so let's keep that in mind. I want something that is impressive.

About Metra:

Can i keep the old dials and does the climate control still work? I need more info on this, i searched the site, but really haven't found a "newbie-proof" description of the thing.

My headlight bulbs need some replacing - i am looking for cool but legal bulbs.. ideas? There are TONS of stuff, i just want something to add that kick, but my car's exterior is completely stock. I like the look of the stock, so i won't be doing anything. I actually prefer that "hidden" surprise of ... "it looks stock... but that thing doesn't move or sound stock".

and last but not least...

Any NJ 6ers out there??

Thanks
HC
[/b]
I will sum this up real quick like for you: search more. There is obviously alot more info on this site that you haven't seen if you have yet to come across answers to your questions. Really there is so much out there that giving a quick answer is pretty much impossible, but since I hate those ppl that just say search here is a little to help.

Metra - yes climate control and display will work. As far as head unit thats a hard question to answer with the info given, do you have the Bose or non-Bose system, do you eventually want to replace speakers or not, because as far as sound goes, without replacing wiring, Bose amp (if you have it) and speakers you won't get something that 'kills the original factory'.

For headlight bulbs do you want HIDs? Angel Eyes? If you want to just stick with reg lamps there are Silvania Silverstars or PIAA. I have the PIAA and like them.

Basically if you can provide ppl with a little more info on what you have/what you want it might be easier to get some help, at least from what I've noticed posting. Oh, and check out the regional sections for NJers.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ah ok - I am new to this, so i will post more. Information.

I have a 2003 6s, 3.0L
I have a non-bose system

I really wasn't looking to change speakers just yet, i was more concerned with the HU.

I don't know the difference between Angel Eyes and HID etc - so I'll do some research. I guess I didn't search enough? I'll try again.

Thank you very much for your reply though, now at least I have some things to look for more specifically.

I'll definitely look through the NJ regionals.

Thanks again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts