Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a new 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT and I LOOOVE IT!

This is my first 6spd AWD Turbo... *drool*
I've previously been a RWD NA guy, but never again...

Mine was the dealer's demo car. So it had EVERY OPTION, Leather, NAV, etc, minus the homelink center mirror. They even upgraded it with the Mazdaspeed wheels. They're 7.7kg 5x2 spoke 18x7.5's Aluminium Forged by RAYS Eng, $550/wheel and I got them for free!

The owner of the dealership told them to upgrade the car with various addons and apparently they didn't keep the receipts and couldnt charge me for it. This same car non-demo was going for $45k out the door. Mine had 5k miles on it so I got it for a used car price of $30k but my name was still the first on the DMV registration and my warranty started the day I bought it. So I feel like I got pretty lucky!

Originally I walked in the dealership hoping to get my name on the Mazdaspeed3 waiting list, but when I saw the pricetag on this beauty I knew I was gonna buy it!

Here's my cardomain site for it if you want to take a look.
Check out the wheels! I painted the brake calipers this weekend but no photos yet.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2495970

Anyway, I'd been doing a lot of research here on the whole PCM reflash thing and thought I'd become a member and say thanks for the info!

PS- If you're in the SF Bay Area (San Mateo County) PM me, I'm always looking for car lover friends.

·
Registered
807 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
welcome!

Are these prices in US dollars? I have seen guys getting their brand new speed6 for around $23-24K (us)
Look here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=55140&hl=
[/b]
That link you posted refers to the introductory price on a lease, which is a base model and thats not even out the door.
It will go up a few K before he drives off the lot.

USD $45k == 2007 GT LOADED.

The MSRP for a 2007 MS6 is about $30k (USD).

Right now there is an approximate $3k markup on new models making it about $33k.
Make that a GT and add every option including $2000 NAV and $2200 wheels and other random accessories they added, plus tax etc.

Granted mine is a 2006, but the only model I could compare it to was a 2007. My point was just that if I had bought this car "NEW" new rather than "DEMO" new, I would have paid a crapload more.

·
Registered
651 Posts
welcome!

Are these prices in US dollars? I have seen guys getting their brand new speed6 for around $23-24K (us)
Look here: http://forum.mazda6club.com/index.php?show...c=55140&hl=
[/b]
Yeah, but the people getting those prices are not usually getting GT with navigation, leather, rays wheels, moonroof. He got about $6000-$7000 worth of options.

$24000+$6000=$30,000

Granted those people are getting almost no miles, but hey if he's happy then good for him.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why does your car have no "M" on the back and have no drill holes?
[/b]
The drill holes were there, but I filled them.

I like driving a car that someone cant immediately identify.
I still need to take the emblem off the front but i'll have to replace the grill to do that.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, but the people getting those prices are not usually getting GT with navigation, leather, rays wheels, moonroof. He got about $6000-$7000 worth of options.

$24000+$6000=$30,000

Granted those people are getting almost no miles, but hey if he's happy then good for him.
[/b]
I don't think I could have gotten my car new for 30k.

MSRP for a GT with no options is 30.5k according to MazdaUSA.com.
There is a $2500 cashback promotion on 2006 models and a $1000 cashback option if you accept Mazda financing. That brings the car down to 27k. But in my area at least there is a $3000 charge over MSRP because the car is in high demand and is limited production (which is really a bunch of BS to me!) That brings the car back up to 30k.

$2200 for Wheels
$2000 for NAV
$0700 for moonroof
$0430 for Satellite radio
Plus other random things == about 6-7k options like you said. That brings the car to about 37k.

The 3M Paint Protection was already applied ($1395) and I paid $800 extra for the Clear Armor.

So thats about 39k.

39,000 * 1.0875 (CA Tax) a little over 42k.

There are lots of hidden costs in a car. :(

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Idk man I got my gt fully loaded for 22500 with 5k miles on it but I didnt get the wheels. Hey you got what you wanted so good for you

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
$3000 over MSRP in your area? I don't think there is any spot in the entire continental united states that has the speed6 in such high demand that they are routinely selling for 3k over MSRP. I'm sorry but your dealer flat out lied to you.

A fully loaded GT costs under 34K MSRP. Add $2k for wheels and you're looking at $36k. Now I don't know if your $30k price includes TTL or not, but let's just say it does, and let's assume TTL was about $2k. So you payed $28k for a 36k car, which is pretty good. But it also does already have 5k miles on it.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Idk man I got my gt fully loaded for 22500 with 5k miles on it but I didnt get the wheels. Hey you got what you wanted so good for you
[/b]
Judging by your photos, you also didn't get Navigation, 3M Paint Protection, and Clear Armor, but 22.5k is still a really good price for a Speed6 GT.

In any case, I love my car, I think I got a good deal on it...

I didn't mean to start a big thread. ;)

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hi everyone!

I recently bought a new 2006 Mazdaspeed6 GT and I LOOOVE IT!

This is my first 6spd AWD Turbo... *drool*
I've previously been a RWD NA guy, but never again...

Mine was the dealer's demo car. So it had EVERY OPTION, Leather, NAV, etc, minus the homelink center mirror. They even upgraded it with the Mazdaspeed wheels. They're 7.7kg 5x2 spoke 18x7.5's Aluminium Forged by RAYS Eng, $550/wheel and I got them for free!

The owner of the dealership told them to upgrade the car with various addons and apparently they didn't keep the receipts and couldnt charge me for it. This same car non-demo was going for $45k out the door. Mine had 5k miles on it so I got it for a used car price of $30k but my name was still the first on the DMV registration and my warranty started the day I bought it. So I feel like I got pretty lucky!

Originally I walked in the dealership hoping to get my name on the Mazdaspeed3 waiting list, but when I saw the pricetag on this beauty I knew I was gonna buy it!

Here's my cardomain site for it if you want to take a look.
Check out the wheels! I painted the brake calipers this weekend but no photos yet.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2495970

Anyway, I'd been doing a lot of research here on the whole PCM reflash thing and thought I'd become a member and say thanks for the info!

PS- If you're in the SF Bay Area (San Mateo County) PM me, I'm always looking for car lover friends.
[/b]
From the way I saw my dealer treat their Demo Car, I wouldn't ever buy a Demo model, but that's just me...

I got Speed6 fully loaded for under 33K direct from MazdaUSA - Made to order. The only thing I didn't get was the rims, I got the stock ones that come with it.

But as long as you're happy and you feel you got a good deal, that's all that matters.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
leave the poor guy alone with what he paid. As long as you love your ride that's all that counts! Nice pics, may I recomend a tint...looks awesome on the black.

actually I just read that again...If your dealer told you that any MS6 was selling for 45K he is full of shit.

2007 MS6 with all options: 34,175 (see here: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/selectConf...riorCode=L_GK4)
wheels: 2200
3m paint protection: 1400
clear armor: 800

sum: 35,335
CA tax: 3092

Grand Total: 38427...thats for a 2007 with 0 miles

however there is a 2500+1000 rebate going now that it sounds like your dealer hosed you out of.

that would bring a brand new 2007 MS6 with every option and fancy dealer addons to $34,927

sorry dude you got hosed there shouldnt be a markup anywhere...and if there was I would have driven to the next county/state and get it for 3000 less but thats just me

well I hope you love your car anyway I know I love mine.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I believe that rebate is on the 2006 model's only.

Also, is the paint protection really that much? If so I did better than I thought. :)

And what exactly is the clear armor?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Paint protection shouldn't be that much. When I was calling around I got quotes of $500-850. I went with the $500, because that was a licensed XPel dealer so I get a nationwide 5 year warranty with it too!

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The $1395 is the base price for the Paint Protection, however, I know from past experiences there is some significant wiggle room.

leave the poor guy alone with what he paid. As long as you love your ride that's all that counts! Nice pics, may I recomend a tint...looks awesome on the black.

actually I just read that again...If your dealer told you that any MS6 was selling for 45K he is full of shit.

2007 MS6 with all options: 34,175 (see here: http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/selectConf...riorCode=L_GK4)
wheels: 2200
3m paint protection: 1400
clear armor: 800

sum: 35,335
CA tax: 3092

Grand Total: 38427...thats for a 2007 with 0 miles

however there is a 2500+1000 rebate going now that it sounds like your dealer hosed you out of.

that would bring a brand new 2007 MS6 with every option and fancy dealer addons to $34,927

sorry dude you got hosed there shouldnt be a markup anywhere...and if there was I would have driven to the next county/state and get it for 3000 less but thats just me

well I hope you love your car anyway I know I love mine.
[/b]

What was the point here? "Leave the guy alone"... Then rip on him yourself?

You know... To all of you... I've been nice, I haven't done any bashing, I just wanted to say Hi and thank for the info from this forum, and I get BEAT DOWN HORRIBLY...

Did I make a mistake in choosing this forum?

Having said that...

1. The $3500 rebate is not available on the 2007 model.
2. I just called like 5 local dealers and they all said yes they have a $3k markup on MS3's & 6's
3. How does 34,175 + 2200 + 1400 + 800 = 35335?? It = 38575
38575 * CA TAX = 41,950

Can we please be done now?
As you've all said, I do love my car, I feel I got a good deal... "Leave the poor guy alone with what he paid".

Thank you.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
The $1395 is the base price for the Paint Protection, however, I know from past experiences there is some significant wiggle room.
What was the point here? "Leave the guy alone"... Then rip on him yourself?

You know... To all of you... I've been nice, I haven't done any bashing, I just wanted to say Hi and thank for the info from this forum, and I get BEAT DOWN HORRIBLY...

Did I make a mistake in choosing this forum?

Having said that...

1. The $3500 rebate is not available on the 2007 model.
2. I just called like 5 local dealers and they all said yes they have a $3k markup on MS3's & 6's
3. How does 34,175 + 2200 + 1400 + 800 = 35335?? It = 38575
38575 * CA TAX = 41,950

Can we please be done now?
As you've all said, I do love my car, I feel I got a good deal... "Leave the poor guy alone with what he paid".

Thank you.
[/b]
sorry man I appologise, i typed it then went back and tried some numbers through my head and realised I thought your were getting skrewed over

hope theres no hard feelings
:cheers:

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Welcome to the board. I don't care what you paid or didn't. Thanks for posting and sharing your excitement. Enjoy the 6 and enjoy the board. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts