Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I never even bothered at looking for a forum for my MS6 but i randomly read somewhere about the engine mounts and did a little research about possible problems that might show up. Read someone blew an engine around 106k miles.

Mine is stock, I want to know if any other user has a stock MS6 with over 100k miles running ok. I like mine, and don't see myself selling it any time soon. Plus I have another toy for autocross and the occasional track day.

thanks

·
Registered
583 Posts
Check the transfer case, it's know to leak, not sure if you're still under powertrain warranty, but try to get the dealer to fix it if it is leaking.
My '07s Speed6 is bone stock, and only had warranty for the leaking transfer case and new mooroof (the rubber teared a bit on one of the corners)

·
Registered
5,342 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have been reading some threads since yesterday

i have the stutter around 2500 - 3000 so I am going to try some new plugs and the coil stretching - the dealer did do the reflash, they had my car for a couple weeks trying to figure out what it was. they even replaced the turbo

seems i should get differential bushings

mine is no longer under warranty, i have no moonroof so ok there, and no leaking that i have noticed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am at streetunit and i will be ordering some
itv22 denso plugs
and the rear differential brace
being that my car is stock and i am not planning on doing anything to it,
would you all suggest the engine mount, and the front differential brace?

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
I am at streetunit and i will be ordering some
itv22 denso plugs
and the rear differential brace
being that my car is stock and i am not planning on doing anything to it,
would you all suggest the engine mount, and the front differential brace?
Welcome to the club. The engine mount is a must as the stock MM is very cushy. The new mount, whichever you choose, will eliminate most of the stock slop.

The front differential mount is your call. If you have the $$$ for it and you want peace of mind, buy it, but it is not necessary. Once you or your mech get under the car and look at the mounts, you will see that the stock bushing is quite sturdy. If you are leaning towards, peace of mind, install the mounts jointly as you have to remove the front mount to access the rear.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
decisions decisions, i didn't order the bone engine mount but i probably should have.

should i cancel my rear differential purchase and just get the bushings and engine mount?

·
Registered
5,342 Posts
Who is installing the rear mount? If you've got the dispensable income, do it. Alot of folks here will insist it's a necessity. I disagree. I've never had a problem in 48k miles of fairly tough driving. Currently, I have the rear diff strapped with light duty ratchet straps; an old method of additional reinforcement that was around before we had aftermarket options. I agree, it's up to you. It should provide peace of mind. It all depends on your driving habits, IMO.

I don't have a single aftermarket mount on the car, and I really have no complaints.

If you want preventative maintenance, why not swap out some quality synthetic gear oils into your tranny, PTO and rear diff? Also, have a look at your power steering fluid. It tends to foul badly, I presume after overheating a number of times. I bought some synthetic Amsoil ATF to use in my PS system, though I haven't swapped it in yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts