Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all, wow, so much has changed with this site I can barely navigate.

Secondly, any tires people recommend? The tread on my current ones are starting to thin out.

·
Registered
84 Posts
First of all, wow, so much has changed with this site I can barely navigate.

Secondly, any tires people recommend? The tread on my current ones are starting to thin out.
What are you looking for? Long tread life/comfort and quiet ride, performance, something in between, winter tires, something which suits the car well, etc.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
What are you looking for? Long tread life/comfort and quiet ride, performance, something in between, winter tires, something which suits the car well, etc.
What he said - We're happy to recommend some things once we know what you're looking for.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Normally I go for stock size and all terrain tires. I have no brand loyalty lol. I currently have bf goodrich g-force comp-2 a/s and honestly they have given me good tried life and have worn evenly but were rather loud.

·
Super Moderator
16,782 Posts
Still curious what you're after though, since just about any tire will get you "stock size and all terrain" - Do you want good performance (specifically for dry, wet, snow), less noise, longer life, some combination of the 3?

I had Goodyear Eagle GTs on my 1st gen and loved them. Little noisy but handled great and lasted a long time. I run Falkens on my 3rd gen for summer and they're great but pretty noisy. They're the best bang for the buck for the particular size I need since I run 20" rims, they handle great in dry, fine in rain, and actually pretty well in light snow.

·
Registered
745 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Really just looking for what people are recommending and there experiences with the tires they have now. The 6 is naturally nosy so a tire that does have the mixture of performance, less noise, and good life span is always the goal for me without having to spend $1k per tire.

There used to be a thread on here that had peoples experiences with their tires.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Still curious what you're after though, since just about any tire will get you "stock size and all terrain" - Do you want good performance (specifically for dry, wet, snow), less noise, longer life, some combination of the 3?

I had Goodyear Eagle GTs on my 1st gen and loved them. Little noisy but handled great and lasted a long time. I run Falkens on my 3rd gen for summer and they're great but pretty noisy. They're the best bang for the buck for the particular size I need since I run 20" rims, they handle great in dry, fine in rain, and actually pretty well in light snow.

What tires would you suggest for both daily driving and occasional track driving? I'm looking for great handling, manageable rolling noise and long life. All seasons haven't been cutting it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I recently got the stock size - 19” in Firestone Firehawk Indy 500. Pretty happy with it and have only heard good things about them. I haven’t but some people have used them occasionally on track.
Can’t comment on life. These are high performance tires with a treadwear rating of 340 so I would expect them to last between 30-40k based on driving habits.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've got the 17s and have run Michelin Premier A/S's for the past 4 years or so after the initial Yokohamas started to suffer a strange wear pattern. I find them to be less noisy, and the grip is pretty similar to the Yokos, but more importantly they are AMAZING in the wet. The car grips like its on dry pavement unless I'm going over a literal puddle, and even then it wont hydroplane unless I'm going like 60+ mph over said puddle.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am running 19's and they are Dunlop. I would like something with a quieter and softer ride, without having to go down to 18's.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get >45K out of my second set of OEM Dunlops but they were so noisy! I now have Yokohama ADVAN SPORT A/S. They very nice and quiet. I have about 5K on them so far. And the price was right, or better than many others.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was able to get >45K out of my second set of OEM Dunlops but they were so noisy! I now have Yokohama ADVAN SPORT A/S. They very nice and quiet. I have about 5K on them so far. And the price was right, or better than many others.
Glad to hear. I've run Yokohamas in the past and have liked them. Any softer of a ride? That's my biggest issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
General AS-05 are highly rated based on tests done at the tire rack. I’ve been using them for the past 6 months and there handle the torrential Florida rain with confidence. Given that they perform as well as tires costing nearly twice the price

1 - 14 of 14 Posts