Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheee! I'm pleased to report that my special order has been confirmed. I've got a moderately-loaded 6s on the way:

Steel Grey
5-speed manual
Sport & Bose packages
Auto-dim mirror (no Homelink)
Cassette player (yep, I still own lots of those! Plus I can play my MP3s through there too :) )

6-10 weeks for the build. It's gonna be a rough wait!

For the curious, my price before tax/license/etc. is $22,390. I went through Star Lincoln Mercury Mazda in Glendale, CA. Talked with Wayne Douglas, Star's internet sales manager. Good guy to work with!

Guess once it arrives, I'll have to change my user ID... :D

·
Premium Member
1,776 Posts
Reading Topic: New steel grey 6s on the way!

Mmmmh...it seems as if Steel Grey is a very popular color right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Every dealer I talked to said the same thing. They couldn't keep enough of them in stock!

·
Registered
170 Posts

I have waited since 12/10/02 for almostthe same car, it is a rough wait! Should be in this week or next.

·
Registered
305 Posts

Yep, took a lot of looking to find the car I wanted in steel gray. If I'd wanted blue or silver, I could have bought it locally.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Replying to Topic 'New steel grey 6s on the way!'

Originally posted by DIRT RACER

Sweet.  Good choice.  What car did you have before going to the 6?[/b]
Dirt Racer: I'm currently driving a 2002 Toyota Camry. 4-cylinder, manual. Good car, but boring as heck. ;) I wanted something more fun, and with a bit more zip. Or rather, more Zoom-Zoom.

Originally posted by DennyA

Yep, took a lot of looking to find the car I wanted in steel gray. If I'd wanted blue or silver, I could have bought it locally.[/b]
DennyA: The color wasn't the problem for me, it was the manual transmission. There were none around here that matched my specs. There was one dealer that had a base 6s, manual, no extras, black exterior, beige interior. I don't like the beige, and I wanted the sport and Bose packages. The one or two other vehicles in stock at other dealers were fully loaded, much more than I wanted to have (and wanted to pay). The special order route was the only way for me to get what I wanted. But I think (I hope!) it'll be worth the wait. :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts