Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok total noob to this...my wife has always had the good car and i get the crap...well wife is gone and i'm finally picking up a new car for me..my new speed6 will be in driveway in 2 weeks..ok so my question is what kindof a breakin period is recomended...i plan on babying this car for as long as possible..but any advice on breakin would rock..thanks

·
Registered
979 Posts
Congrate but why the wait???? What version did you get? Here are a few tops. wait 600 miles the you can lay on her, they are already pretty much broken in after they are built but still wait. use only 93 or higher octane gas, no matter what! Also drive it like you stole it>> that is of course after u break her in. Most of all welcom to the club do some trolling on the mazdaspeed section and you will learn alot.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Congrate but why the wait???? What version did you get? Here are a few tops. wait 600 miles the you can lay on her, they are already pretty much broken in after they are built but still wait. use only 93 or higher octane gas, no matter what! Also drive it like you stole it>> that is of course after u break her in. Most of all welcom to the club do some trolling on the mazdaspeed section and you will learn alot.
[/b]

thanks speedgal...been trollin the speed forum for a few weeks now...seen alot of bad and good but after test driving it i fell in love...waiting a few weeks until divorce is final...don't wanna lose a new toy to my ex :p
small peice of advice...never marry a stripper...friends id fine hangin out cool...marriage uhh big mistake..on my part anyway

thanks speedgal...been trollin the speed forum for a few weeks now...seen alot of bad and good but after test driving it i fell in love...waiting a few weeks until divorce is final...don't wanna lose a new toy to my ex :p
small peice of advice...never marry a stripper...friends id fine hangin out cool...marriage uhh big mistake..on my part anyway
[/b]

oh and i'm gettin the titanium grey gt package

·
Registered
96 Posts
Test drove one the other day. I ended up getting the Mazda6 but if I had the extra $$$, I'd get the Speed6. Looks much more aggressive and I think it looks best in Black. Black seems to camoflague all the black parts so it all blends in.

Is it true the MSP6 is only being manufactuered for 2006?

·
Registered
979 Posts
Ahaaa I see... hind sight is 20/20 when it comes to strippers and marriage I guess. Titanium a good color! Yes this is the only year the speed will be in the 6. They typically only come out for one year then it is a new model... They are a great car and a lot of fun to drive!

·
Registered
108 Posts
welcome to the club! MS6 owner as well.... and yes drive it like u stole it :drive: . although technically theres no break in period for this car... i slowly got into her. never went over 3.5 rpm first 500, after that every 500 miles tried something new and pushed it a little harder. learn this tricky clutch first b4 trying anything. i now have 4300 miles on mine and nothing but fun since day one. find a open road and top out :nono: ... just kidding i got scared at 150.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Yes, Mazdaspeed3 coming this fall/winter. Same engine package as the MS6, but only FWD.
[/b]

yes with less HP and torque.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
6 Participants
crossbow
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing