Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Bought a slightly used (3500 miles) MazdaSpeed 6 GT a few weeks ago. LOVE the car!!! Anyways I just moved to Denver CO and was wondering if anyone knew of some good tuners/shops to take the car to/buy parts from. I'm not to bad with a wrench but would like some help with the major stuff. I intend to buy CAI, DP, Exhaust, and perhaps an upgraded turbo. Which leads me to another question...

I've read a lot of back and fourth on the CP-e, and the ATP companies that are or are currently producing new high performance componets for the Speed6 such as CAI, DP and upgraded turbos. Are there any benifits that one has over the other? I hear that CP-e takes a lot of time in releasing their products... Does this benifit the consumer?

Also one of the many who would like to buy a BOV for the sound. I hear the CAI does a great job of producing a like sound but I would still like to get the BOV. However, I've read a lot that says getting an upgraded BOV does the car no good and can infact inhibit performance (especially an atmospheric BOV). Whats the truth in that?

Anyways, any help/info provided would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
Buy the Mazda CAI or Fujitsu depending on your price preferences. You can also buy one of the A/A FMIC or TMIC or the L/A TMIC (nobody has dyno's yet). ATP is the only one with a turbo coming out, I'd get their DP and have a local shop just make you a cat back setup. Get a boost gauge and EGT gauge and you'll be set until Cobb comes out with tuning. If you want the car to handle and look better get the AutoEXE springs.

Mike

·
Registered
146 Posts
we have a variety of parts for the Mazdaspeed6 as well as two intercooler solutions; a Top Mount Replacement and a Front Mount Replacement Kit

1 - 3 of 3 Posts