Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello!

Great discussions you guys have going here. Very interesting stuff! Just got a black on black Speed6 a week ago. Love the car! Hope some of you experts could answer some newbie questions...

1. This is my first turboed car. The engine seems damn hot! Is this car not going to last as long as a "normal" car? Think it can easily last over 100K miles? How long do you think the engine can last?

2. I would love to mod my car, but don't have a friggin clue. Is it dumb/expensive to get some tuner shop to do it? How can I even find a tuner shop? I think I would like to put on a CAI or an exhaust system at some time, are those things hard to put on for a newb?

Thanks in advance for any replies. ;)

·
Registered
294 Posts
Congratulations! Welcome :)

1. The engine was built for the turbo. It is just as reliable as any other engine Mazda makes, as long as you take care of it.

2. CAI and exhaust are easy to install and provide massive power gains when compared to similar mods on a NA car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
sixium
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing