Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Polar White.....

I live in the foothills outside Denver and we got over 70 inches of snow in our two blizzards. This was the Speed6 after the first storm. I never got it dug out before going out of town. We returned just as the second blizzard started. After that one, the car was just a little lump in the snow. It took about an hour just to uncover the car, but I still haven't moved it due to the driveway and road being a mess.

Neighbors with similar AWD cars (Acuras, Lexus, Subaru) who had to use them spent hours digging out from stucks. I have a 4Runner and a Chevy pickup, so the Speed6 can wait until the road is a little safer. I live on a private dirt road with a 20% grade in one spot. It can be a little exciting. [attachmentid=18216]

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
Polar White.....

I live in the foothills outside Denver and we got over 70 inches of snow in our two blizzards. This was the Speed6 after the first storm. I never got it dug out before going out of town. We returned just as the second blizzard started. After that one, the car was just a little lump in the snow. It took about an hour just to uncover the car, but I still haven't moved it due to the driveway and road being a mess.

Neighbors with similar AWD cars (Acuras, Lexus, Subaru) who had to use them spent hours digging out from stucks. I have a 4Runner and a Chevy pickup, so the Speed6 can wait until the road is a little safer. I live on a private dirt road with a 20% grade in one spot. It can be a little exciting. [attachmentid=18216]
[/b]
:huh:

Wow.....this is what i call " Serious Snow"

·
Registered
814 Posts
thats insane...but to someone living on the northeast coast...its also kinda cozy looking, if the fridge is stocked, you got movies, and of course nowhere to go. lol, so i guess it does suck.

·
Registered
426 Posts
sweeeet! :)

you just got to make sure you got lots of food and a pretty girl or two in the cabing before you get yourself burried and your set!

and after couple of weeks of that you fly to mexico :)

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Polar White.....

[/b]
NOOO!!!!! You shouldn't have dug it out. This would have been a real test of the MS6's AWD capability! Just find the door, get in, and see if you can get the car out :laugh:

·
Registered
249 Posts
i miss snow... havnt gotten any here in southern ontario yet... snow is WAY TOO MUCH FUN to drive in... :) specially in a large open parking lot... e-brake is a joy... :)

·
Premium Member
3,070 Posts
This has been a very strange winter for us here in New England...this upcoming week will be in the mid 40's, and really haven't had any accumulating snow at all yet. That is VERY unusual. I'm sorta glad though...

I hear how horrible the stock Bridgestone's are in the snow, so I will probably use the Mustang with the Blizzaks this winter, until I can afford to shell out $900 for a set of rims and snow tires...

:laugh: ...I'll be leaving the new AWD car at home when the weather is bad and driving a RWD V8 mustang as my winter beater...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts