Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post in a long time, finally got extra $. Got 2004 S bose package, keeping stock HD just want to change door speakers front and rear. From what i read the fronts are 6.5 and the rear 5.25? Going with infinity kappaa 2 ohms capatible, gonna buy 4 channel amp for the kicker box i have.Circuit City is doing the installing cause i don't know s---. what u guys think? any advise or comments would be helpful,thx

·
Registered
233 Posts
just changing the speakers wont do much unless you change the stock bose amp. The bose amp has alot of built in eq and you wont get the most outof your new speakers using that amp.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
your not going to be happy with the infinity speakers unless you have a subwoofer since they have no midbass what so ever they produce amazing highs tho.. your also gonna not want to use the stock bose amp like gspot said i would highly recommend a nice 4 channel amp.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
can anyone recommend some door speakers for the front and rear doors that have a good overall sound with highs/lows/bass? or should people go the high/low speakers and just upgrade the sub after getting an amp?

·
Registered
246 Posts
what u guys think? any advise or comments would be helpful,thx[/b]
Save yourself the trouble and wait till you can do the stereo properly.....

can anyone recommend some door speakers for the front and rear doors that have a good overall sound with highs/lows/bass? or should people go the high/low speakers and just upgrade the sub after getting an amp?[/b]
Budget??

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yeah budget would be helpful, cause they are decent speaker, good speakers, and really good speakers all depends on how much you wanna spend, so we know what to recommend. It's like buying a car, why recommend nothing but BMW's and Mercedes to a guy if he can only afford a used KIA. Understand?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah budget would be helpful, cause they are decent speaker, good speakers, and really good speakers all depends on how much you wanna spend, so we know what to recommend. It's like buying a car, why recommend nothing but BMW's and Mercedes to a guy if he can only afford a used KIA. Understand?[/b]
so get rid of stock amp and run 4 channel amps for the doors and 2 channel amp for my kicker box,and i can still use stock HD? And did i get the door size speakers right? thx for replys

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes you have the speaker size right. And if you want the best sound, the best idea would be replacing the amp with a 4 channel but I would get a mono channel amp for your subs. You'll get more power with less current draw because the class D amps are a higher efficency.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes you have the speaker size right. And if you want the best sound, the best idea would be replacing the amp with a 4 channel but I would get a mono channel amp for your subs. You'll get more power with less current draw because the class D amps are a higher efficency.[/b]
and this setup is ok with stock HD? still like to use steering wheel controls, thanks again

·
Registered
705 Posts
Yes it would work with the stock HU. But you could always replace the headunit with an aftermarket replacement and buy a PAC Steering Wheel Interface to keep the steering wheel controls if you like those.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes it would work with the stock HU. But you could always replace the headunit with an aftermarket replacement and buy a PAC Steering Wheel Interface to keep the steering wheel controls if you like those.[/b]
thanks for the help, ill replace headunit down the road. Metra over $100, new headunit another $100.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Id spend a little more than 100 on a head unit unless your getting a good one for a really nice deal then... Like a higher end alpine or eclipse. or pioneer

·
Registered
705 Posts
Ya Eclipse or Alpine for headunits. I really don't like to use anything else on my installs. They have a very wide range of products and you can find almost anything you want from one of those companies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts