Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my long awaited packages arrived on Fri!

[attachment=18364:IMGP4136__Medium_.JPG]

I can't wait to get them on my car! Maybe I'll have a chance to do that tonight, but I doubt it. Might not be until this weekend. :(

Question I had though, how picky should I be on the finish? There is one wheel that has a nub on a spoke. It is the size of a piece of sand. Not real noticable, but there. I'm most concerned with how this will effect the finish in the long term. I don't want to have problems with the finish bubbling there or something else. If these were cheap wheels I wouldn't care, but these things are pretty expensive.
Also, one of the wheel caps is dented slightly along one edge. Kinda looks like it smashed the rim really hard during shipment.
I just really don't know what I should be expecting in quality. I don't want to call and make a stink about it if this is normal. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
It's your car. If you are happy then that is what counts.

But my feeling is this:
Unless you paid the 'scratch and dent' price, why accept scratch and dent wheels?

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
Pics of em' right out of the box. You're def excited and how long did you wait cuz you made it seem like forever. Only you will notice the minor discrepancies so if you can live with them... The finish will be fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
For real. They are nice. In all reality, if you are happy and can live with it, like others have said, then just mount them suckers and post some pics... :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
As much as those are, I wouldn't keep the bad one period. Aren't those the Mazdaspeed forged wheels?

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Nice rims.....Red is awesome. Put some LED tire valve caps on them!! j/k. That would look stupid.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I would call them, Mazdaspeed rims aren't cheap. like stated, if u paid a "scratch and dent" price then so be it, but if we order a set of wheels for a customer and there is a little chip or a tiny bubble of even a little nub like u got I called them, mainly because if the customer notices it then it reflects on us, they really don't care if u called customer service, they would probably just have u send it back then ship u a new one, least give em a call. or just tell them it's s chip... not like they'll persnally inspect it...

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You are going to go through all the trouble of waiting and getting the rim changed out only to get curb rash. I can feel the karma from here. I'd probably just live with it and never say a word about it again.

·
Registered
998 Posts
I want those for my red MS6 can't wait to see pics.

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, I'm a little excited. I didn't have to wait that long once I ordered, only about two weeks.

I'm contacting the dealer to see what they think. Right now I'm leaning towards just keeping the stuff.

I'll post some pics when I get them mounted! :)

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
just a few questions... where did you get the rims from? would you have to pay for shipping/handling if you had to return the rims for a new one?

·
Registered
5,328 Posts
just a few questions... where did you get the rims from? would you have to pay for shipping/handling if you had to return the rims for a new one?[/b]
I think if he wanted to return them, it would be at his cost since he didn't inspect the items and refuse shipment right there and then...

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
I think you got the wrong Mazdaspeed rims but hey...that's just me :)
for what it's worth, mine didn't come with a nice felt cover.

You should be anal about the rims since you probably paid more than I did. If I saw any imperfections on my beauties when I received them, you bet Jason would hear about it!

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think you got the wrong Mazdaspeed rims but hey...that's just me :)
for what it's worth, mine didn't come with a nice felt cover.[/b]
agreed

1 - 20 of 30 Posts