Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i have a 2004 mazda 6 and i got some new rims for it. they are 18x8 with 225 40 zr18 tires. but they rub when i have people in the back. i want to add a coil over kit , but was wondering if theres any other tire size i can put on these rims. i have already rolled my fenders. and have a w7 in the back. i was wondering if a stiffer suspension would help, but what if i had people in the back would i have the same problem?

·
Registered
4,775 Posts
The tires are not the problem. The question is what is the rim offset (something like +35 or +50, etc). The easiest solution is to do a fender roll

·
Registered
444 Posts
fenders are already rolled

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
That or they are not rolled properly. Where do they rub, top, left right?

·
Registered
428 Posts
I agree. Very few rims, 18 inch and above, fit the 6 due to the off set. I have the RX8 wheels, 18X7 with the fenders rolled as well. No problem with rubbing - Even with Eibach springs. Good luck with your journey.

·
Registered
735 Posts
I still wonder why my 18 x 8.5's with +48 offset fit with no rubbing with rolled fenders and 235/40's... I think when I used the fender roller I rolled it back and forth enough times with enough force that it pulled the fenders out as well as rolled them...

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
zmzm, alot of people who have no idea what they are talking about will tell you rim width matters with regard to fitment, it doesnt. i wanted 8.5's, $$$. im a college kid.

ill show them all, give me a week, im always busy it seems.

tire size matters. offset matters, overall diameter matters, section width matters, rolling the fenders matters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
9 Participants
arch4life
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing