·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
431 Posts
My belief is it is a M6 for the following reasons:

The rear raised spoiler, and the size of the exhaust tips and that seller is selling OEM black tail lenses.

IF, a BIG IF, Mazda made a change to the rear, it would not make financial sense as this is a limited production vehicle. As it stands in the USA, it is federally required that a manufacture is able to provide replacement parts for 10 years on all new models. ;)

Keep in mind that a majority of the replacement parts are cross over from the M6 and as such Mazda only had to retool for the front hood, both front fenders, the front bumper, the side skirts, the rear spoiler, and rear bumper. This amounts to only a factory body kit for a M6 if you really think about it. :goon:

If anything, I think the MS6 would look great with the rear lower facia/bumper from the M6 Sport. :hoho:

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wasnt trying to imply it was even from the factory - I thought it might be an aftermarket kit I havnt seen yet

·
Registered
693 Posts
I wasnt trying to imply it was even from the factory - I thought it might be an aftermarket kit I havnt seen yet
[/b]
If You Look Closely You Can See that it is a mazda 6 Not A Speed6 The Side Skirts And Rear Bumper Say Alot Also The Mazdaspeed Badge Does NOT Have a 6 and The atenza badge is an add on to this car so my belief is it's just a mazda6 wanting to be a mazdaspeed6 I mean come on ever seen an old ass mazda or just a regular mazda car with mazdaspeed decals or logos or badges????

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
If You Look Closely You Can See that it is a mazda 6 Not A Speed6 The Side Skirts And Rear Bumper Say Alot Also The Mazdaspeed Badge Does NOT Have a 6 and The atenza badge is an add on to this car so my belief is it's just a mazda6 wanting to be a mazdaspeed6 I mean come on ever seen an old ass mazda or just a regular mazda car with mazdaspeed decals or logos or badges????
[/b]
Or its also possible that the Atenza badge is factory but they purchased the Mazdaspeed badge for it. If you look around you'll notice a lot of Euro cars in the background - either way, it does look like a regular 6 and not a Speed. Plus I agree, it would be financially irresponsible of Mazda to make different models...either way, the guy did a good job on the car. I like it.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
The car in the pic is either in China or HK. The seller is located in HK I believe.

The layout of the emblems would be correct for a Mazdaspeed Atenza in Asia. In Europe it is known as the MPS6.

The picnic basket handle and side skirs are the give-away this is not a Speed6.

There is a kit in Europe that has a rear fascia very similar to the Speed6, but that is about it.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
The car in the pic is either in China or HK. The seller is located in HK I believe.

The layout of the emblems would be correct for a Mazdaspeed Atenza in Asia. In Europe it is known as the MPS6.

The picnic basket handle and side skirs are the give-away this is not a Speed6.

There is a kit in Europe that has a rear fascia very similar to the Speed6, but that is about it.
[/b]
He's in Taiwan =) So yeah.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts