Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
got my windows tinted, painted my brake calipers, got the sharkfin antenna installed, and a few months ago i put on the grille... lemme know what you think of my ride as of this point!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Lookin' good. Make that a wagon and you've got my car nearly the same, except I painted the calipers blue. I've got the grill waiting to go on, but the screws that it came with for the small side inserts are nowhere near long enough. What did you use?

·
Registered
978 Posts
those grill inserts look really good...do you know if they sell them in black? and where did you get them anyway? I wasn't sure I wanted to paint the calipers, but after seeing yours, I probably will.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hell yeah were did you get that grille I have been looking for one for ever now

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
lookin stealth, its amazing what tint alone can do for looks, especially on a black car.... looks great, keep up the good work.... :)

those grill inserts look really good...do you know if they sell them in black? and where did you get them anyway? I wasn't sure I wanted to paint the calipers, but after seeing yours, I probably will.
[/b]
i believe its a Mr Billett grill from ebay, i think i remember he posted a while back about the grill, correct me if i am wrong please....

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
The grille is from Mr.Grille and you can buy through e-bay or their website. It does look really good IMO and no pictures I have seen on here do it justice. The mounting hardware is a little lame....one of those modding the mod to get it on there. It comes with the brushed aluminum look, but you could rattle-can it black no problem. Only the front surface is brushed, the rest is already black.

·
Registered
44 Posts
lol I just received an email from mr. grilles that said they dont have a grille for the sport bumper lol

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
That's funny considering it's what is pictured on the website. Proabably a misunderstanding, but I am not sure if they make one for the '06

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
[/b]
not in black, but you can always paint them. I think that would actually look very sharp painting them black!

lol I just received an email from mr. grilles that said they dont have a grille for the sport bumper lol
[/b]
definitely a misunderstanding.... just look, mine is on a sport bumper haha!

lookin stealth, its amazing what tint alone can do for looks, especially on a black car.... looks great, keep up the good work.... :)
i believe its a Mr Billett grill from ebay, i think i remember he posted a while back about the grill, correct me if i am wrong please....
[/b]
yes you are correct... i did post it a while ago! very good memory you have there! :yesnod:

·
Registered
44 Posts
ok it was a misunderstanding.... I ordered one after we emailed a couple more times. Thanks guys. At first they girl who I was talking to didnt think there was one made for it lol

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Come on Grey, aren't you going to tell me what you used for the side inserts? Or is it a trade secret. Just kidding man, I cant find a screw / bolt that will wirk well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Looks good!

·
Registered
153 Posts
I got the same grille....absolutely love it...

and heres the secret to the side inserts....

ZIPTIES!!!...the screws are way to short and i didnt think they would hold anyway...so i just used black zipties. you cant even see them. then i took the biggest drill bit i had and drilled a bunch of holes in the plastic part of the right one, so air can get to the intake....its an easy fix

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I got the same grille....absolutely love it...

and heres the secret to the side inserts....

ZIPTIES!!!...the screws are way to short and i didnt think they would hold anyway...so i just used black zipties. you cant even see them. then i took the biggest drill bit i had and drilled a bunch of holes in the plastic part of the right one, so air can get to the intake....its an easy fix
[/b]
yeah, that's what i did... sorry, must have forgot to write that up when you asked. I drilled holes in the stock grille and used longer bolts to get to the corners of the stock grille. I then proceeded to ziptie all the rest of it. Once I ziptied, i glued the ends of the zipties to ensure they wouldn't slip off because of tension of wind/weather conditions/etc. If anything, get black zipties so you don't notice them when you look at your grille (but you probably already know that. And yes, I did carve out holes in each side for the fogs to get increased air flow to my intake/engine bay.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
That is what I ended up doing when I installed it. I thought that maybe somebody found the cure all bolt for it. I ended up drilling a few holes and zip tied it just like the center piece. Glad that I am not the only one. Yeah.............it does look really good.

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Love the steel grey, but not really feeling that grill.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
That is what I ended up doing when I installed it. I thought that maybe somebody found the cure all bolt for it. I ended up drilling a few holes and zip tied it just like the center piece. Glad that I am not the only one. Yeah.............it does look really good.
[/b]
yeah haha, you are not the only one! I actually found some bolts laying around my garage and dremmeled the top part of it so that it could fit in between the grille layers.

Love the steel grey, but not really feeling that grill.
[/b]
it's all personal opinion... i don't mind. i think that in person, the grill looks amazing! so much better than in pictures because of the depths you can see in person that you couldn't in a picture, ya know

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
You'll dig it man, I haven't run into anybody else with it on the street. Like I said earlier, none of the pics I have seen of it on here do it justice.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts