Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to cleaning the car and waxing her. Just cant find anything to get those bugs off the front :(

·
Registered
935 Posts
Very nice man. Makes me (almost) regret trading mine in. Steel grey is the best color IMO when it is clean and waxed, and there is something about the stock sport package front bumper that is just aggressive as hell. Keep up the good work!

PS - A friend told me that if you leave bugs on your paint too long their guts actually fuse into the paint so you can't remove them using conventional bug and tar remover. Something about shelac being a derivative of bug guts, so basically you are letting shelac bake into your clearcoat on hot sunny days. Might be an urban myth...but it sure motivates me to clean that thing off once every week!

·
Registered
19 Posts
PS - A friend told me that if you leave bugs on your paint too long their guts actually fuse into the paint so you can't remove them using conventional bug and tar remover. Something about shelac being a derivative of bug guts, so basically you are letting shelac bake into your clearcoat on hot sunny days. Might be an urban myth...but it sure motivates me to clean that thing off once every week!
[/b]
Pretty much urban myth. The most that would happen is some of the acid from their stomachs damaging the clear coat. The dried protien is what's hard to get off. I use a small ammount of lighter fluid on a paper towel to get it off. Been doing that for 3 years on my parents car and 1 year and a half on mine. No damage yet just use only as much as you need and works great. Other then that your car looks great and love the wheels. But i still love mt silver car. :drive:

·
Registered
651 Posts
I'm loving the wheels...nice chioce for your car. :cool:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
use a clay bar to remove the bugs they will come of with ease.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Nice car, nice wheels, nice drop, & nice photos. Did you remove your bottom grille inserts? It looks cool as hell.

·
Registered
270 Posts
nice 6! i wanna take my grill inserts off now. looks better IMO

1 - 8 of 8 Posts