Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got around to installing my silver gauge covers today from procarparts.com. The install took about 1 1/2 hours because I had a couple distractions, overall it was pretty easy. Was a little difficult to place the covers in the correct spot before reattaching the piece that holds them on. Other than that it was cake. Didn't even have to take off the needles! :D Just was able to slide it over them.

So here's the pictures of them installed (daytime) and to see my other interior mods done in the past as well, they really add up. Shift knob, E-brake handle, ebrake and shift boots, floor mats, door sills, gauge covers, autovation pedals..

I really don't understand how people can't love this look instead of that plain black of stockness. It matches so well with the center console :/ Just makes the car look a lot "newer" and up-to-date, advanced.. to me at least.

NIGHT SHOTS AT BOTTOM

Attachments

·
Registered
932 Posts
I recently did the same mod (silver gauges from procarparts.com) and I completely agree!! I LOVE them and don't understand why people would want the plain stock ones as well. Plus, if I can do it, I assure you ANYONE can!! Looks nice!!

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
Looks nice man shits a joke I intsalled them in 10 minutes, easiest mod possible.

·
Registered
1,533 Posts
There 3 different styles you can get 45 for the cheapest and 55 for the most I think just check procarparts.com. They slide right over the old ones, nothing from ur car gets removed.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Where did you buy the diamond plated floormats....im thinking of going with a chrome and grey theme with my 04 steel gray 5-door...also how much for the mats? and are the doorsill the ones off of ebay?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Where did you buy the diamond plated floormats....im thinking of going with a chrome and grey theme with my 04 steel gray 5-door...also how much for the mats? and are the doorsill the ones off of ebay?
[/b]
Thought I remembered buying them from www.mazda6stuff.com.. but it doesn't seem to exist anymore? That's if my memory serves me correctly, it's been a while. The doorsills are off ebay

The mats were $120

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I noticed you didn't install the center overlay (between the large gauges). Any specific reason why?
[/b]
Well, basically there was no way to hold it in place like with the other two pieces. The needles mostly hold those in place, but the center piece doesn't have anything to hold it in, unless you want to use glue or something. I just didn't bother with it, I think it looks better with the black going through the center to separate them anyway.

can anyone tell me where to get the white gauges like that. I love the color instead of the red.
[/b]
All you gotta do is read this post and you'll see where to get them. www.procarparts.com has silver or white for sale.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
[/b]
check out our sponsor revolutionsix for the floormats, donny has them, i was just looking at them the other day but i have other stuff i need to do before i purchase anything else :D

Got around to installing my silver gauge covers today from procarparts.com. The install took about 1 1/2 hours because I had a couple distractions, overall it was pretty easy. Was a little difficult to place the covers in the correct spot before reattaching the piece that holds them on. Other than that it was cake. Didn't even have to take off the needles! :D Just was able to slide it over them.

So here's the pictures of them installed (daytime) and to see my other interior mods done in the past as well, they really add up. Shift knob, E-brake handle, ebrake and shift boots, floor mats, door sills, gauge covers, autovation pedals..

I really don't understand how people can't love this look instead of that plain black of stockness. It matches so well with the center console :/ Just makes the car look a lot "newer" and up-to-date, advanced.. to me at least.
[/b]

interior is looking sweet!!! is it possible to get some nite shots??

·
Premium Member
5,156 Posts
night shots

The 3rd pic is up-close with the "green" switch. the 4th pic is up-close with the "blue" switch. The blue is pretty dang bright when the brightness knob is all the way up.
[/b]
Looks great! But I just noticed that the shift reader has an external indicator? There are no type of inserts/cutouts for the stock indicators? I have the ATX shift mod and that is now the only "modes" I can read now! Now how much did that cost?

Looks good tho! :p

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Looks great! But I just noticed that the shift reader has an external indicator? There are no type of inserts/cutouts for the stock indicators? I have the ATX shift mod and that is now the only "modes" I can read now! Now how much did that cost?

Looks good tho! :p
[/b]
You mean that thing attached to my gauge cover? that little box is my indicator for my underglow kit. lol

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I have an MTX, so there never was an indicator. The center area between the tach and speedo is completely stock anyway, so it wouldn't have changed the gear indicators if I did have an ATX.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
About this Discussion
25 Replies
13 Participants
king_lam925
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing