Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts
Replying to Topic 'New photos!'

Nice photos. I think some of them were posted in another thread, but many of them were new to us.

Thanks!

In these pics you can see the protrusive, bulky taillights. It's like they just glued a red cover on top of the clear ones. Oh well.:sarc

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Engine and interior shots:
3.0 V6

2.3 l-4

Optitron gagues

"Normal" gagues

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Argh. I don't know how much longer I can wait for this car!! Particularly hard for me as I've reserved myself from buying a new car after the t-bone because of this car. So I've been going around without vehicle. Argh!! This car is awesome!

·
Registered
837 Posts

Awesome pictures.

Hey Steve, if you look carefully, there is a couple of pictures at an angle that you can't see the bulge. It is an angle similar to the pictures you posted in another thread. I think it all depends on the angle but I think the lenses are bulky no matter what market your car was made in.

I may wrong be wrong for your sake if you have to be stuck with the bulky lenses. But the only angle you really see the bulkiness is straight from the rear or slight off from the rear where you can see the side of the lenses on the opposite side of the camera angle.

If anyone has an Euro/JDM version, please take a picture directly from behind for us to see the lenses. I think this angle will really prove how bulky it is.

BTW, Monsoon. Is the dash light orange as the picture indicated? Or is that the camera/lightning fault to give it that yellow/orange appearance? Is that optional Optitron lightnigh someone was mentioning in another posting?

Do you know if the windows and sunroof controls has auto close/open????

Last thing, those circular vents looks awesome but I worry it may be hard to adjust it. How hard is it to rotate those vent deflectors?

·
Registered
350 Posts

Originally posted by hieppo
Last thing, those circular vents looks awesome but I worry it may be hard to adjust it.  How hard is it to rotate those vent deflectors?[/b]
It's pretty easy but not with glowes.

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Hieppo, no, the rear lenses aren't bulky on our European Mazda6. I'm quite sure, since I've had the hands-on experience U know...:D

·
Registered
391 Posts

Hey guys, I've put 4 pictures on my server to show you very clearly the rear taillights of the European and the North American Mazda 6. Steve 6er is right.

Front-side view:

EUROPEAN

NORTH AMERICAN

Rear view:

EUROPEAN

NORTH AMERICAN

If someone doesn't see that the European rear lenses aren't bulky and the North American ones are, I think you would need some glasses :p :) :D ;)

·
Premium Member
5,097 Posts

Good detective work. Yes, that shows it very obvious. Thanks for your effort.

Glasses, anyone?:D

·
Registered
510 Posts

The American & Canadian 6 Tail-Lights Certainly "Bulge" out, compared to the European, Japanese & Australian 6's.........

To be honest, I prefer the look of our clear lens ones (I know they Maybe similar to Lexus IS200 & IS300....); but I think they add character to the car, compared to the Red ones....

Cheers
Rod

·
Registered
2,059 Posts

Originally posted by applejax

Hmmm...the black is lookin' good...[/b]
Black? The only color I see that's dark like that is the Titanium Grey.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts