Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up a black Cherry speed this week.
first question I have is that on the NoVa area (as in northern va) are there mod friendly dealerships?
In terms of modifications ( and forgive my ignorance as I am coming out of turbo diesel excursion) the following should be done and I am guessing about the order:

1. BOV to help preserve the engine
2. Exhaust - to help eliminate the choking
3 CAI only if a FMIC is not going to be installed
4. Guages
5. turbo/downpipe/tuner - should all be done at the same to maximize the benefit and minimize the chance of blwoing the engine.

comments are welcomed.

Thanks
TIM

·
Registered
73 Posts
first question I have is that on the NoVa area (as in northern va) are there mod friendly dealerships?
In terms of modifications ( and forgive my ignorance as I am coming out of turbo diesel excursion) the following should be done and I am guessing about the order:

4. Guages
5. turbo/downpipe/tuner - should all be done at the same to maximize the benefit and minimize the chance of blwoing the engine.

comments are welcomed.

Thanks
TIM
[/b]
Welcome nice choice on the color as well :D!

I think a few parts might be dealership friendly such as the mazdaspeed CAI that might hold warranty.

Your list of mods seems accurate but the order would be depending on what you want out of the car.
I actually started out with CAI (really brings the turbo sound out) and next will be the exhaust. As of right now I don't really see the need for a BOV unless I want it for basically more turbo sound. Gauges are kinda iffy as well, because there is no real solution to a mounting place yet. It's all based off preference, but I think you have the right idea! Welcome aboard.

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts

4. Guages

comments are welcomed.

Thanks
TIM
[/b]
Welcome to the boards. Congrats. Black cherry is a sweet color.

I guess trying to post on the regional board. It may give better results for a mod friendly dealer.

1. I did read that BOV can help preserve the engine, but I'm sure how? :headscrat: If the OE is working perfectly, then changing the BOV is just for sound or better reliability. I bought the CP-E HKS BOV kit and plan to install sometime next year for better reliability. There has been a case where the OE failed and some have believed that theirs may be leaking boost.
2. CP-E has a 3" single exhaust. (best performance) Magnaflow 2.5" dual exit (less performance but quieter)
3. CP-E is developing a FMIC with a CAI (CP-E Excel CAI). I guess the others (AEM, Mazdaspeed and Fujita) will work (not really sure yet).
4. Please search for gauges. I plan to mount a boost (in the top map compartment) when I install my BOV.
5. Ongoing development for upgrade turbo, CP-E has catted and non catted DP and there is another non catted DP by ATP. Tuning coming soon from CP-E and Cobbtuning.

I probably left out some manufacturers that have some products. Sorry if I did.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
Did you get that black Cherry from Rosenthal???..I checked the inventory and their Cherry Sport is gone.

Welcome to the Mazda club my friend, hope your stay is a long one.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
J dragon: You are correct. When I was in there this week they actually had 2. One with nav and one without. I took the one with the nav. So far this is a wonderful auto. Wen my wife figure out that i was looking at new cars, she basically ruled out anything that had a "fast and furious" look to it. The speed fits the mold perfectly. I was getting ready to spend 1000-2000 on my excursion to bounce the HP and trq up, but getting that into any parking garages was a nightmare.

I am certain with 1k-2k I can make the speed into something special.

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

TIM

·
Registered
117 Posts
J dragon: You are correct. When I was in there this week they actually had 2.
[/b]
If you do not mind sharing: What kind of price were you able to swing from those guys... after all the junk fees but before TTL?

Thanks.

·
Registered
4,524 Posts
I'd also like to know, because when I went to Rosenthal...and talked to that asian dude. He was a tad difficult...at the time. before they started having crazy deals..

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Talk to either Ron Banks or a guy named Ricky. They handle the internet sales. This is at the tysons dealership.

My deal was not the ordinary deal as I was dealing with negative equity coming out of my excursion.

The bottomline is this before TTL:
I had the S-plan discount which put me around invoice. Apply the rebates so Splan - 3500. When I needed "help" pursuading the wife they played with the numbers and gave me an additional 1000 dollars.

So it was a Sport + 895 "appearance package" + 2k for the nav.

Got it for splan - 4500

Stick to you guns. They were offering these at 100 over invoice but I am not sure if this was before the rebates.

Ron, Rickey and George (sales manager) were a good group to deal with. But there was was very little to negotiate as the price was fixed for me.

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Congrats, haven't had mine for a week yet! Great that these deals allowed many of us to get a car we might not otherwise been able to afford.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hence the ""

its the stupid pinstripes and door sill protectors that a dealer adds on just to add a little more to the cost of the car. I forgot what all it entailed. I can scan my window sticker if there is any debate.

Thanks
TIM

·
Registered
288 Posts
its the stupid pinstripes and door sill protectors that a dealer adds on just to add a little more to the cost of the car. I forgot what all it entailed. I can scan my window sticker if there is any debate.
[/b]
I hate pinstripes with a passion. Pulled pinstripes off my F-150 the day I brought it home. I also hate the dealership stickers/decals/badges they always seem to adhere at the back. Those get pulled off as well. :swearin:

Congrats on the purchase of your Speed6! :drive:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
hence the ""

Thanks
TIM
[/b]
What a ripoff! If they tried to charge me that much for their appearance package i'd tell them where they can shove it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
maybe so and you are entitled to that option.

In the end - It was a trade off. they essentially did not charge me for the nav system.

In the end still came on top by 1200 :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
maybe so and you are entitled to that option.

In the end - It was a trade off. they essentially did not charge me for the nav system.

In the end still came on top by 1200 :)
[/b]
Black Cherry Mica is the Hot Color. The color is what MADE me pull the trigger on getting my MS6. Congrats.

I am interested in seeing what can be done with Chip/ECU tuning. Coming from the VW/Audi side of things, they are able to do absolutely crazy things on their Turbo'd cars with just the ECU.

RE: CAI's for the MS6: Is the stock airbox/filter really that restrictive?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts