Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone a new Mazda6 GT owner here. This message board is great. I'm learning alot about my car. I was wondering if there is anything I should know specifically about the car. Are there any problems that are common or certain things I have to be aware of so things don't go wrong? This is basically my first car that I've owned. My old job leased cars for me and I didn't have to pay too much attention to stuff.

Thanks everyone. This is really gonna help me out.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Hey everyone a new Mazda6 GT owner here. This message board is great. I'm learning alot about my car. I was wondering if there is anything I should know specifically about the car. Are there any problems that are common or certain things I have to be aware of so things don't go wrong? This is basically my first car that I've owned. My old job leased cars for me and I didn't have to pay too much attention to stuff.

Thanks everyone. This is really gonna help me out.
[/b]
Year, model, and current miles would help out! ;)

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
I have a 2005 performance white Mazda6s grand touring with about 22k miles. Any advice and input would help.
[/b]
Automatic I take it as well, if it is, you have the 6-speed auto, which is a better built tranny than the 03,04 Jatco. V6 as well, nice!

-You will get a lot of misshifts if you constantly like being heavy on the gas while you drive, I suggest you invest in a tranny cooler, search under tranny cooler and you'll find one. The tranny runs on idle at 188 degrees fahrenheit, imagine how it runs while your driving.
-Interior rattles are very common amongst just about every year this car has been made.
-Understeer is horrible, meaning making a U-turn is not like driving a Civic, but more like a truck!
-The stock rim is a 60mm offset which means buying an aftermarket rim will require much effort in selecting a good replacement, as most aftermarket rims have a 40mm to around 48mm offset. So don't expect to be using your stock tires with a new set of rims unless you find the perfect size rim.

I can't really say there is a whole lot that is so so bad about this car though. The engine was built rather very strong and can withstand a whole lot of stress. The air flow is different from other cars with the backpressure being in the headers, so adding an exhaust system unfortunately will only benefit your sound output and not performance. A Cold-Air-Intake would be your best upgrade for this vehicle, being that it is the cheapest part to give you the most hp. Your best bet is to just pop into a thread and start looking around to see what people are currently working on, or have done with their car. There are some working with turbo, others with suspension, others with many diffrerent kinds of rims and tires. ASk questions and good LucK!

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
Yep....Just Explore the site...Everywhere!...May come in handy one day!! Search through every single Sub-forum.....(And just enjoy this site)...Believe me....You will learn Alot...... :yesnod:

Take Care & Welcome!
Neal S.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Automatic I take it as well, if it is, you have the 6-speed auto, which is a better built tranny than the 03,04 Jatco. V6 as well, nice!

-You will get a lot of misshifts if you constantly like being heavy on the gas while you drive, I suggest you invest in a tranny cooler, search under tranny cooler and you'll find one. The tranny runs on idle at 188 degrees fahrenheit, imagine how it runs while your driving.
-Interior rattles are very common amongst just about every year this car has been made.
-Understeer is horrible, meaning making a U-turn is not like driving a Civic, but more like a truck!
-The stock rim is a 60mm offset which means buying an aftermarket rim will require much effort in selecting a good replacement, as most aftermarket rims have a 40mm to around 48mm offset. So don't expect to be using your stock tires with a new set of rims unless you find the perfect size rim.

I can't really say there is a whole lot that is so so bad about this car though. The engine was built rather very strong and can withstand a whole lot of stress. The air flow is different from other cars with the backpressure being in the headers, so adding an exhaust system unfortunately will only benefit your sound output and not performance. A Cold-Air-Intake would be your best upgrade for this vehicle, being that it is the cheapest part to give you the most hp. Your best bet is to just pop into a thread and start looking around to see what people are currently working on, or have done with their car. There are some working with turbo, others with suspension, others with many diffrerent kinds of rims and tires. ASk questions and good LucK!
[/b]
Thanks for the advice.

I do have the auto tranny. I was looking at the Cold Air Intake. Sounds interesting. I'm wondering how easy it is to install and what brand is the best. I'm also not a big car person so I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to working on cars.
Also if I install a CAI will that affect my warranty?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts