Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Just thought I'd say hi. I just bought an 04 Lapis Blue M6i. It only had 20k on it so I figured it was worth it. I'm already having a blast with it. The last mazda I had was a 2001 Protege. I ended up losing that one because I was stupid and was forced to downgrade to a buick skylark and that died on me about three months ago.

To make a long story short, I named it Bluetooth and I already disabled the radio beep. Its so much better now. I've already spent about 6 hours looking around on here and I'm way excited. I'm already running the ideas through my head about how to mod it.

and for those that are going to ask, yes I'm missing a pedal. I never learned to drive a stick. (I'm so ashamed!!)

I'll have to take some pictures when its sunny and not raining.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
welcome to the club! and nice color choice. it's one of my favorites, even though mine is white.

i'm impressed that you read a few hours before you posted. looks like you are going to fit right in if you keep that up! there's a ton of useful information here, so make sure and search before you start asking questions. chances are that someone else has already asked the same one.

tell us a little more about your car. leather? 17's or 16's? sport package? tinted windows?

what kind of mods have you thought of doing so far?

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
Welcome to the 6Club! :wavey:

Thank you for doing your homework as well. It helps us all in the long run.

BTW, I'll only say this once... Learn to drive a manual (an MTX). You'll thank me for it, trust me. :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
unfortunately for me, my car is the most base i model that you can get. No sport package, cloth interior, and I guess the only upgrade is the 16 inch alloys oh and the mud flaps on the front tires. The only bonus came in the fact that the car was already tinted (although I have no clue what the percent is).

Mods I think I wanna do is mainly just appearance mods. I don't really know that I can afford to get into the engine modding but I guess I'll have to see. Although, if I do mod it and make it go faster I'll never get it back from the wife. :laugh:

I forget what the package name is but I want to do the side sills, rear bumper lip, front lip, lip spoiler (decided to go with that instead of wing), fog lights, the clear NA taillights (I read all the stuff about the euro lights on ebay and how they aren't DOT safe), the rear finisher on the trunk lid, the shark fin antenna, and I think the chromed door sills and maybe the B pillars. I'm also thinking of doing a custom leather interior but I'm not sure what color combination to use though. I already took a look at customerleatherseats.com so I got some good ideas. I just gotta learn to do some photoshopping so I can see what it might look like ahead of time.

The thing that scares me away from a MTX is all these darned hills in Seattle. I'm afraid of rolling backwards and hitting someone or someone not giving me enough room and they smash into me. I probably would have gotten a manual so I could learn but the only one the dealership had was just out of my price range. :(

·
Administrator
8,397 Posts
The thing that scares me away from a MTX is all these darned hills in Seattle. I'm afraid of rolling backwards and hitting someone or someone not giving me enough room and they smash into me. I probably would have gotten a manual so I could learn but the only one the dealership had was just out of my price range. :(
[/b]
On hills, it's tricky at first, but you learn the engagement point of the clutch quickly, and the backward roll become a thing of the past.

I'm not putting you down for not getting a MTX, far from it. Now, if you bought a Camry... :)

As for the mods, check out JimClickMazdaParts.com and talk to Sabrina, she'll hook you up with all you need, and her prices are untouchable...

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd already gone clicking over to sabrina's site. Now its just a matter of trying to get caught up on some stuff so I can spend some money on the car. Although, the first "mod" will be to get a second key and remote. I already looked and since I only have one remote and one key looks like I'm stuck going to the dealer to have em program a second key and remote... So there goes 250-300. YUCK! :swearin:

LOL about the camry. You wouldn't catch me dead in one of those granny cars.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Welcome to the club! You'll find all of the information you need right here!

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd already gone clicking over to sabrina's site. Now its just a matter of trying to get caught up on some stuff so I can spend some money on the car. Although, the first "mod" will be to get a second key and remote. I already looked and since I only have one remote and one key looks like I'm stuck going to the dealer to have em program a second key and remote... So there goes 250-300. YUCK! :swearin:

LOL about the camry. You wouldn't catch me dead in one of those granny cars.
[/b]
A good thing to do would be to try a locksmith or an Ace Hardware. The key for our cars is chipped and any place with a modest amount of key tools (cutter & transponder machine) can make a new key. At my store it would run you $29.99 for the key, but all places can vary. The remote however will be more. Also, a plain non-transponder key can be cut for our cars that can open the doors only; in case you lock your keys inside.

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
First off.....if you bought the 6i with no options....well done...my car is heavy as h#(( and its a PITA to autocross....you would eat me for lunch.

Welcome to the club...enjoy it. You are already becoming addicted to this site. If you like tech type info also check out 6tech.com...its our sister site and many of us are a part of that one two.

enjoy the car....it will treat you as you treat it...when I want to have fun...so does the car...but if she gets upset....simmer down till she's happy....

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A good thing to do would be to try a locksmith or an Ace Hardware. The key for our cars is chipped and any place with a modest amount of key tools (cutter & transponder machine) can make a new key. At my store it would run you $29.99 for the key, but all places can vary. The remote however will be more. Also, a plain non-transponder key can be cut for our cars that can open the doors only; in case you lock your keys inside.
[/b]
wait, so I could go to a locksmith/key place that has a transponder machine and they might be able to make me a working copy? if so, I'd prefer to go that route and then get a remote and program it myself with the programming instructions I found the other day. that would be way cool and cost us way less. I was under the impression that only the dealer could do the key transponder.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so I finally got pictures up on a web site. It's completely bone stock. And, I apologize for my car being dirty, it rained the night before and we were expecting more rain so I didn't want to wash it. Darn seattle weather.

Bluetooth1
Bluetooth2
Bluetooth3
Bluetooth4
Bluetooth5
Inside
Inside2
Inside3

The only thing that I was was different was that I had the black dash instead of the baby poop brown. I've seen threads on how to dye it yourself but I don't think I'll be doing that.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
About this Discussion
15 Replies
8 Participants
pololance6i
Mazda 6 Forums
Mazda6club.com is a forum dedicated to the Mazda6 / Atenza. Come and discuss reliability, performance, modifications, and more!
Full Forum Listing