Mazda 6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, this is my first post so I guess an introduction is in order.

I bought a 2004 Mazda6 GT 2 weeks ago. Its been a blast, as a 20 year old with my first standard car, im loving it! Ill throw up some pictures later today or tomorrow.

Now, for the bad news....... 2 days ago she started to make some noise coming from the rear of the car, sounded like something was rolling around in the trunk. I stopped I checked the trunk and there was nothing that could have been making it. The next morning I woke up and removed everything possible out of the trunk, including the spare. Took her for a ride to get it sprayed with rust proofing, when it was jacked up we looked at the springs, shocks, struts, breaks and it all looked fine. The mechanic I went to only really does tires and oil, I wouldn't trust him with much else, and im no professional soooo im lost. Its getting louder, and its coming from BOTH SIDES of the car. I dont want to say it sounds like grinding, but its started too. It happens over bumps and around corners.

Thats about all the info I can think of telling everyone, and if anyone has any questions or ideas let me know. I have to go back to school tonight and I dont know if I should drive it back, as of now im not.

Thanks for any help, and im glad to be part of the Mazda community

Stanny

·
Registered
45 Posts
do you have any atermarket suspension on the car? or wheels? .... reason i say that is if you have the car too low and a wider tire than what the car can handle then what you are probably hearing is the wheels hitting the fender wells. look at your tires and see if you have any grooves or anything wrong with your tires. if that be the case then you should try having the fenders rolled and see if that helps... another question ... does it get worse when people are in the back?

·
Registered
52 Posts
have you looked at your end links? my 6 made a clunking noise like you describe going over speed bumps and when turning and it turns out i had snapped an end link on the passenger side.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
do you have any atermarket suspension on the car? or wheels? .... reason i say that is if you have the car too low and a wider tire than what the car can handle then what you are probably hearing is the wheels hitting the fender wells. look at your tires and see if you have any grooves or anything wrong with your tires. if that be the case then you should try having the fenders rolled and see if that helps... another question ... does it get worse when people are in the back?

No aftermarket wheels or suspension, and the car has not been lowered.

I have not driven her with people in the back sinse it started makeing the noise

have you looked at your end links? my 6 made a clunking noise like you describe going over speed bumps and when turning and it turns out i had snapped an end link on the passenger side.

I do not have my car with me, I am away at school and didnt take my car back because of the noise. When I go home later this week I will make sure to check, thanks!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good news! It turns out it was the control arm bushings, my dad took it in today for me.

Thanks for the help guys!

Stanny

1 - 5 of 5 Posts